- Today PlayStation 3 developer FM|T Enstone
released a ControlConsoleAPI 1.00 PC application which offers PS3 RTE (Real-Time Environment) on CEX and DEX consoles.
/ GTA V RTE.zip
To quote: Hello everyone, today I'm releasing a new API for PS3 and PC, it's similar to TMAPI on DEX console. But this one "CCAPI" works for CEX and DEX. It will give you those features:
- Compatible CEX/DEX/SEX/(TOOL ?)
- Debug non-fself & fself in real time (vsh.self for example can be debugged in rte, or any game with non debug eboot)
- Debug kernel in real time(lv2_kernel.self and lv1.self)
- Classic functions (RTE on CEX + DEX):
- work with Wireless connection
- bypass exec pages writing restriction
- bypass lv2 memory protection
- New fonctionalities like:
- peek/poke lv1 and lv2
- setConsoleID at anytime/anywhere
- VSH module loading
Compatible firmwares: CFW 4.21, 4.30, 4.41, 4.46, 4.50 CEX or DEX
Not compatible with 4.46 Rogero-Cobra
VSH module loading: Create a directory in your /dev_usb000/ called plugins and put all your sprx plugins into, it should be:
All of the sprx that are present in this folder, will be loaded at ps3 boot. Important: do not use sprx on CEX for now, it seems it takes too much memory. On dex, you can.
How to install CCAPI? Just download and run this pkg on your ps3. It will tell you to reboot, and it's done. You only need to do this once.
How to uninstall CCAPI? Just run again the pkg.
Is it risky? No, in the worst case, you could need to reinstall your firmware.
Credits: iMCSx, flukes1
Some examples: MW2 Reborn fully work on CEX and DEX (even with non fself eboot)
A DLL will be available in a few days for C# and C++ to allow you to make RTM programs for CCAPI. Please give me some feedbacks, i would like to know if you get some bugs or not. It is still in BETA, so some bugs can occur.
Finally, in related news pink1
shared a GTA V RTE (linked above) stating: Here is what I had started working on for gta v using the code from u$er as a base. Some of the writing needs fixed and probably more bugs but maybe it'll help someone get some ideas or be something to start with. This is not a fully working program!!