December 4, 2011 // 2:41 am - Following up on his Cylinder Dodge v1.0 PS3 homebrew game, today PlayStation 3 developer ThatOtherDev has released an FPS port entitled Cherophobe version 1.0 for PS3.

Download: Cherophobe v1.0 PS3 Homebrew FPS Game

To quote from his page: Cherophobe v1.0 - PS3

This is a PS3 port of my Wii/PC FPS game Cherophobe. There are some fairly obvious graphical problems but the game play is unaffected and everything moves smoothly.

PS3 controls:

• Left analog stick = Move
  • Right analog stick = Aim
  • R1 = Shoot

Cherophobe v1.0 PS3 Homebrew FPS Game is Now Released

#16 - SuperSaiyen - December 6, 2011 // 1:56 pm
SuperSaiyen's Avatar
agree, the whining babies who feel they are too good for simpler games/demos should just see the news title and move past to something they are interested in rather than trying to deprive the whole homebrew scene from any contribution they personally don't deem good enough. Who made them the quality police?

There aren't tons of people developing free stuff for ps3 to begin with, and newer dev's grow their skills to make more advanced stuff by starting with smaller ports/HB that others appreciate being shared- instead of just selfishly leaching and dumping on others efforts

#15 - sdlaurin - December 5, 2011 // 9:25 am
sdlaurin's Avatar
I'm not speaking about your rights, you have the rights to that is clear but where are your filters?

just because you can doesn't mean you should, when you go to the store do you complain to the manager about tide not getting your stain out or a chocolate bar not tasting as good as you were expecting? Do you go on hondas site and flame them for not having a comfortable seat enough for you?

Complain more about the stuff you pay for and less about the free stuff is all i'm saying.

#14 - Foo - December 4, 2011 // 11:04 pm
Foo's Avatar
Yay. A FPS from this guy! Respect.

#13 - inginear - December 4, 2011 // 3:00 pm
inginear's Avatar
if i had a reason to, i'd be working on the port like white on rice.

without possessing a ps3 capable of homebrew, i have no reason to, sorry.

#12 - barrybarryk - December 4, 2011 // 1:18 pm
barrybarryk's Avatar
I like these homebrew games, not really as fully fledged games but as proof of concepts or showcases to how libs and engines are being ported they're pretty cool.

Mind you I'd still love to see a Doom 3 port now it's gone open source lol

#11 - mod632 - December 4, 2011 // 12:39 pm
mod632's Avatar
we have right to say what we like to not! if you don't like comments then don't read it

enjoy

#10 - sdlaurin - December 4, 2011 // 12:19 pm
sdlaurin's Avatar
no wonder most devs hate the scene. if you guys don't want/play it just move on..

#9 - mod632 - December 4, 2011 // 11:34 am
mod632's Avatar
I'm very glad too see ps3 has awesome homebrew just like this , i mean OMG. I don't ask much but with his talent why not bring some emulators like n64 or something,that would be great, not this.

it would be better with no homebrew if we continue to get crappy.. who should play this anyway?

#8 - HeyManHRU - December 4, 2011 // 5:35 am
HeyManHRU's Avatar
Since when was this about me being a moderator or not? I would have still told you to "shut up" if I wasn't a moderator. It just angers me that someone who hasn't contributed anything to this scene comes here and starts trashing a guy who has spent hours and hours on his computer so he could put together a couple of nice little games for us. I know this game is nothing compared to all the official PS3 titles, but you have to remember that all these games are made on his own. I don't care if you think his games suck or not, I just think you should show a little respect to this guy.

#7 - muny21 - December 4, 2011 // 5:20 am
muny21's Avatar
just cause you are a moderator do not think you can tell me to "just shut up". his stuff is crap. it is so funny because it is "homebrew" people defend it. I would rather have no dev around then subject my ps3 to this ridiculous crap. but of course whenever anyone has an opinion the only way people can respond is "you do something for the scene" or "what have you done".

of course, I have done nothing because I could not code my way out of a wet paper bag. if I could code I would never torture the "scene" with the pos he calls homebrew. by the way, just cause I can not code does not mean I can not have an opinion on stuff that gets released by another. if he has so much skills why not just put out one really great original game instead of putting many garbage can materials.