May 18, 2011 // 10:45 pm
- Following up on the recent DoPSBox PS3 Emulator
release, today PlayStation 3 developer Mr.GoodFrag
has released CD-Man and God of Thunder for PS3 homebrew emulation fans.
Download: CD-Man Shareware PS3 Port
/ God of Thunder PS3 Port
/ Updates and Guide
To quote: Today I am releasing a proof of concept POC version of DosBox that comes bundled with a shareware release called CD-MAN that autoloads (no keyboard or DOS know-how needed)!
What is this?
This is a ready-to-go preinstalled DOS shareware game.
Does this require DosBox to be installed on my PS3?
No, DosBox binaries/config-files are included
I already have DosBox installed, will this conflict with or overwrite it?
NO - THIS WILL NOT OVERWRITE DOSBOX!!! - IT CAN RUN SIDE-BY-SIDE WITHOUT ISSUES! This PKG installs to //dev_hdd0/game/CDMAN1234
Why do I have to press the right thumbstick before my controls will work?
This switches your controller into joystick mode.
How do I use this?
- Install the PKG file
- Run the game from your XMB
- PRESS THE RIGHT THUMBSTICK ONCE IT LOADS!
- TRIANGLE will get you past the initial screen
- Set the game up to your liking, SQUARE selects.
Thats it! When you're all done, close via the PS-Button.
Major props to Robo-Hobo, who ported DosBox to the PS3! Without him none of this would be possible!!!
Feel free to make requests - I'll only release shareware or legally free titles in this manner. (I've got a few gems up my sleeve that I'll be releasing soon) Enjoy!
Note: 2 Player support not tested or configured - keep to single player
Update: Here's another release! Enjoy GOD OF THUNDER! Unlike CD-MAN, this is the full game!
- CROSS.........BUTTON 1 (ATTACK, SELECT)
- SQUARE........BUTTON 2 (USE ITEM)
- TRIANGLE......BUTTON 3 (ITEM MENU)
- When asked if you want to use a joystick , say yes!
- You can name your additional save slots by using the L3 virtual keyboard
- Virtual Keyboard = R3 for mouse mode then L3 for keyboard (remember to R3 back to joystick mode when you're done)
- As with all releases of this nature, hit R3 to switch to joystick mode.