October 16, 2011 // 7:59 pm
- This weekend French PlayStation 3 developer Bobby6killer
has shared a PS3 homebrew game port of Another World v0.1.0 and also made available a PSARC PS3 extractor for Linux below.
Download: Another World PS3 Homebrew Game v0.1.0 (PKG)
/ Another World PS3 Homebrew Game v0.1.0 (Source Code)
/ PSARC PS3 Extractor for Linux v0.1.1
/ PSARC PS3 Extractor for Linux v0.1.2
To quote, roughly translated: Bobby6killer offers a port of the game Another World (DOS version) on the PS3.
The developer had already made a tool PsARC
that can compress archives PsARC quickly under Linux.
Another World for PS3
This project is based on the reverse engine made by Gregory Montoir
, and reimplements the game Another World to be played on PS3. You need the original English DOS data files (in english, the game is known as "Out of This World").
Today it is a reimplementation of the game Another World in PS3, with some additional features from the original game:
- save / load the game on the fly with display of the status of "state game" via SDL_ttf
- bypass protection of the wheel of the game
- multiple fixes, including support for running on 64 bit architecture... Respect closely the PS3...
- Arrow keys = Allow you to move Lester
- Cross = Allow you run/shoot with your gun
- Select = allow to enter a code to jump at a specific level
- Start = pause the game
- Triangle = quit the game
- R1 = save game state
- L1 = load game state
- R2/L2 = change game state slot
You need to play the DOS version original English, the French version is not supported. You can find it under the name "Out of this World".
Installation / FAQ:
Where should i place the original game files ?
- Install the. Pkg of games.
- Place the contents of Dos games (finding oneself) in / dev_hdd0/game/NEWRAW_00/USRDIR/data folder.
Game freezes and system restarts when i want to leave the game, wtf ?
- It's a known bug, you must use TRIANGLE button to exit game
Finally, there is a known bug. It is imperative to leave the game by clicking TRIANGLE and not via the HOME button, otherwise it will restart the PS3.
A video for those who have not experienced this game hard but exciting from what I remember:
Find all the info on his official page
PSARC PS3 Extractor for Linux
This project reimplements some features of the win32 utility psarc.exe located in the official Sony PS3 SDK 3.41.
It allows you to extract PSA archive data.
Release 0.1.2 (2011/11/01)
- fix bug in large archives
Release 0.1.1 (2011/09/02)
- fix large files
- fix names of generated directories
Release 0.1.0 (2011/09/24)
Can i build it on Windows ?