- Today zembor0
has released a Custom PS3 Boot Logo Creator homebrew application alongside some videos of the mods in action with a guide detailed below.
Download: Custom PS3 Boot Logo Creator
/ Cold Boot Creator Source Code
/ Windows Logo Example
/ conDone Piracy Example
/ PS1 Animated PS3 Coldboot
/ Boot Logo Creator.7z
To quote: Here is my tool to help you make your custom PS3 boot logos.
For examples: (thx to mrmuppet and me)
You will need:
- Photoshop (To create your Boot Logo)
- Photoshop DDS plugin (To allow you to edit the Logo)
- The attached Boot Logo Creator
1. Install Photoshop
2. Install the DDS Plugin NVIDIA Plug-ins for Adobe Photoshop (Normal/Cube Maps, DDS)
3. Edit your DDS files
4. Run Coldboot Creator and follow the steps
1. After You have installed Photoshop and the dds plug-in you will need to open the dds files in the "Boot Logo's (dds's)" Folder. When you open the DDS click on "Load Using Default Sizes"
2. When you have created your desired logo you have to save it with these settings:
3. Repeat this for all 6 pictures Do Not resize the pictures (Resolution)
4. Run "Coldboot Creator.exe" and select "Step1"
5. You will need to convert you DDS files to GTF files, to do this Click "Convert Pictures" and follow the instructions.
6. When you have converted your pictures Browse to all the files it asks for:
7. Press Start and it should say Success, then close that window and click Step2
8. Follow the on screen instructions with pictures to compress the step1 file
9. Click step3
10. Browse to the required files and click finish to create the final Coldboot.raf
11. Copy the Coldboot.raf to /dev_flash/vsh/resource on your ps3 (You will need a way to write to flash eg. Asbestos or FreeFlash 3.55 compiled or dev_blind)
Do not change the size of the images (Resolution)There are no checks, if you change the size your coldboot will not work!
I have tested this on 3.55, it should work on 3.41 since the Coldboot.raf files are the same (Correct me if i'm wrong)
Thanks to: eustolio for How to Create a Custom PS3 Boot Logo By Editing Coldboot.raf
Tutorial and everyone who has contributed to the PS3 scene.
Download: Glowball1's PS3_Gameboot
/ XMB Customize PKG
Finally, below is a PS3 Dynamic Snow Theme Tutorial from Glowball1
(via twitter.com/1GlowBall), How To Make a PS3 Dynamic GlideShow Theme and a Create Custom PS3 ColdBoot Tutorial by TizzyT