December 14, 2010 // 6:16 pm
- Today TeaM-ACiD1C
has released PS3 Acid CFW version 3.41.010, a Customised Retail-Debug-Hybrid PlayStation Firmware!
Download: PS3 Acid CFW v3.41.010
(pass: kbx.org) / PS3 Acid CFW v3.41.010
(pass: kbx.org) [Mirror] / PS3 Acid CFW Guide
Finally after lots of testing TeaM-ACiD1C are proud to announce the third official release of Acid Customised Firmware. For this 3.41.010 release we have mainly concentrated on enabling some debug console options and developing the new Haxx category.
This is only the small start of The Acid Custom Firmware WIP project and we have many more plans for the future. We wanted to get this stable version out there for more thorough testing in the wider community.
Especially as things have changed since we started this project, The Holy grail for Custom firmware Developers : Just today a new homebrew app was released for PS3 that enables full write access to the dev_flash on PS3′s internal flash memory.
Some of the changes you will notice in Acid CFW 3.41.010:
★ New Haxx Category next to game
★ Check option for all games, PS3saves and gamedata (greyed out – Not working yet)
★ Quick sign Up in Haxx
★ Titlestore preview in Haxx
★ Titlestore preview (in game) in Haxx
★ Install Packages in Haxx
★ App/home in Game and Haxx
★ Performance Bar
★ No memory limit
★ Quick preview
★ Clear Cache
★ Owner Information for gamedata
★ Various Icon and text mods – POC
★ SaveData Ps1/2 shows up in JB mode
★ Custom firmware version in System info
★ Some other cosmetic differences
We had a few more ideas we are working on and other things like the – No request event error -showing up which we left out for now until we can do more research and testing.
So Now that we have FULL write access to dev_flash with JaiCraB & ps3mrenigma’s new homebrew app – Mount Alejandro this means we can permanently install Acid Customised Firmware (AcidCFW) onto our Ps3s. Of course for those who dont want to permanently mod thier consoles thats fine too, just use JaiCraB’s other tool Firmloader 0.3 to run from USB. So now we have soft-mod solution and a permanently installable way of runnning AcidCFW.
TeaM-ACiD1C (Formerly Team Jesters Jicence): Cfwprophet, DeViL303, Nev, SK Group, B4rtj4h, LuckLuka.
A few important points to note if modifing your dev-flash permanently:
- Using this new write-enabler tool could put your console at some risk as the firmware is fully writeable.
- Only you are responsible for your console, Do not attemp to modify your flash if you do not fully accept the risks.
- It works well if you understand how to use it, if your not sure ask here and myself (DeViL303) or Cfwprophet will help you anyway we can.
- I have personally tested erasing over half of my firmware (entire vsh folder) and my PS3 and I had no problem in reinstalling Sony FW3.41 through recovery menu so it seems fairly safe.
- Read the Acid CFW tutorial here before you do anything: http://www.ps4news.com/forums/ps3-guides-tutorials/simple-instructions-running-acid-ps3-cfw-usb-115750-2.html#post344990
- WARNING : DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL ANY FILES THAT YOU HAVE MODDED YOURSELF ON REAL DEV_FLASH WITHOUT RIGOROUS TESTING FIRST USING FIRMLOADER, THIS WRITE-ENABLER COULD BE A HIGHLY DANGEROUS APP IN THE WRONG HANDS AND COULD BRICK YOUR CONSOLE IF YOU MAKE ANY MISTAKES WHILE COPYING FILES. IF YOU BRICK YOUR CONSOLE YOU CAN BLAME NO-ONE ONLY YOURSELF. APPS LIKE THIS NEW ARE ONLY EXPERIMENTAL AT THIS EARLY STAGE AND MAY NOT BE 100% STABLE ! SERVICE MODE MIGHT SAVE YOU BUT NO GUARANTEES.