- Following up on his previous update
, over the weekend PlayStation 3 hacker Graf Chokolo
has released his PS3 Linux 2.6 Kernel and began documenting his PS3 CFW Custom Firmware with OtherOS++ Project.
His new PlayStation 3 Linux Kernel includes a new HDD, FLASH, VFLASH and RAM drivers for PS3 and AsbestOS
users can use the drivers as well.
Download: Graf Chokolo PS3 Linux 2.6 Repo
To quote: The repository which is based on Linux 2.6 kernel, has several wicked stuff in it especially graf_chokolo’s ram block device. As kmeaw said; “It can read/write anything in PS3 RAM, and very useful for HV hacking”
You can read below the commits done to his version of Linux kernel.
- Added support of several storage regions to PS3 storage library
- Improved PS3 disk block device driver
- New drivers for PS3 NOR and 3 RAM misc driver for full access to HV memory
- Added new HV calls
- Added extra debug messages for SPU isolation
Finally, from http://ps3wiki.lan.st/index.php/Custom_Firmware_with_OtherOS%2B%2B: PS3 CFW Custom Firmware with OtherOS++
- First we need a custom Hypervisor (lv1.self) with OtherOS++ support and other nice features like full access to HV services :-) (working on it)
- Second, we need a program like otheros.self which will resize VFLASH region and store there petitboot
- Third, we need a GameOS program/XMB plugin which will trigger OtherOS++ boot after GameOS reboot by setting a flag on the 5th VFLASH region