- This PS3 project might help someone out there to use their Teensy development boards for at least something, I call it my GT5: Grind A-Spec babysitter.
I got the idea from a mate of mine who used a keypad with paper wedged in to keep the enter key depressed and a controller with rubber bands and presstic. I don't own a usb keuboard or keypad, so I asked some questions and did some reading and this is the result.
Keep in mind I know nothing about programming and I can not help with other development boards.. although the code is very simple, I had to ask for advice.
Thanks to Paul
at PJRC for doing the code for me.
1. Download and install Arudino Software
2. Download and install Teensy Loader
3. Download and install Teensyduino installer
4. Run the Teensyduino installer (You must select the location where you extracted the Arduino Software)
5. Run the Arudino software and the Teensy loader
6. Plug in the Teensy development board into a USB slot
7. Copy the following code into the Arduino software
[Register or Login to view code]
8. Click "verify".
9. Then push the button on your Teensy (of course, it needs to be plugged in), and it'll get programmed with this code.
This tells the Teensy to "pres ENTER" all the time
10. Remove the Teensy
11. Switch on the PS3 and load GT5.
12. Go to Extreme A-Spec races
13. Select the Indy track in "Like the Wind"
14. Make sure you use the Red Bull X1 (Switch all assists to on, traction control 5, ABS 1, reduce downforce to minimum and change oil)
15. Make sure "accelerate" is set to up on the right analog stick
16. Take a rubber band and put it around the right analog stick to the front of the controller and around - secure it around the right handle - this will make the car accelerate all the time
17. Enter the race.
18. Now do the same with the left analog stick. You will see in the race that the car will go straight all the time - adjust the steering ever so slightly to the right so the car does not go left when it is released from the walls (just do it - you will see what I mean - it might take a few races to fine tune this). The controller must be plugged into the USB, else the battery might go flat and the grinding comes to a halt.
19. Plug in the Teensy into the PS3.
When the race is finished, the Teensy will do all the keystrokes for the race to be repeated.