- Today PlayStation 3 developer PsDev
has made available PS3Tools GUI Edition, which is a suite consisting of several PlayStation 3 utility PC applications.
Download: PS3Tools GUI Edition Application
To quote: Features:
- Can unpack any "PS3" Firmware up to date. Gets really fast after first or second use.
- A console is built into the program showing you the exact log a cmd would.
- Can Decrypt PS3/PSP retail PKG files (Signed by sony installable via OFW).
- Can readself of, Appldr, lv0, lv1ldr, lv2ldr, isoldr, EBOOT.BIN or if any of the things that you want to read are not listed on a button you can run a custom command to do it, for example: aim_spu_module.self just type that in where it says input and it will read it. So any file that is possible to use via readself, can be done in a fast manor 1-2 sec.
- A full featured .Conf editor. view .Conf files edit them then hit save button when finished.
- A awesome Core_os_package tool that can decrypt, extract and encrypt the Core_os_package.pkg all in about 1-2 sec.
- Sign pkg for 3.55 or 3.41
- UnSELF a file.
- Build SELF a file.
- Whenever a tar file is modified, it's permissions need to be set, this tool can do that for you. fix the tar file for the following FW. retail fw up to 3.72, debug fw up to 3.72 and retail and debug fw 4.0.
Lets use a example: If you want to unpack a ps3 update just get the PS3UPDAT.PUP
(Don't change the name of any file in ps3 FW keep original) and put in tool folder, run my program click unpack and it will unpack it.
So like if you want to fix tar make sure the update_files.tar stays the same name and put in the main folder where program is located. same for anyfile keep the original name. So it's pretty simple just drag the file that you want the tool to do something with and keep the original name.
Here is a video I made (I am pretty bad a videos) to help it' a tutorial that covers everything. If some one else could make a better one that would be awesome.
Notes: PS3Tools GUI Edition will create two new files for the Core_os_package. "decrypted_core_os" and "CORE_OS_PACKAGE_ENCRYPTED.pkg" don't change the name of the decrypted one or else you won't be able to encrypt it
BETA Tester Thoughts: Tested by jhax78
All those command line tools that takes loads of time and sometimes commands that you need to understand will be replaced by this 1 click tool, even a trained monkey could extract repack sign with this now.. it's taking literally 3 seconds to extract a pup resign or whatever you need to do.
I'm no dev but like to poke around in stuff and i think more ppl think like this with this tool all that is just peanuts now.