October 18, 2011 // 12:34 pm
- Today Spanish PlayStation 3 developer DemonHades
has shared another video of JFW DH PS3 CFW, this time demonstrating the USB Preloader and Flash dumping without a JIG extracting the backup of the 4 PS3 flash files on the Custom Firmware.
To quote, roughly translated: In this video I show how the preloader already done, we can dump the 4 flashes of the flash, if we make an error to recover.
As you can see the preloader working safely by the combination of the jig, but without the use of jig
(never activated if you do not do the combination, and although it does not detect activated if the magic flags or contained in GRID_UPDATER not perform nothing harmful).
Simply putting the usb where we want to save, and flags magic to do what we send in "direct mode".
In the video we can see GRID_UPDATER folder, this folder is the "Direct Modules Installer" unlike the "direct mode" (root pendrive) this only updates from configurations of plugins, modules to plugins or flash.
- Direct mode: the configuration of the USB Pilla (in safe mode)
- Installer mode: Install the modules to replace dev and let the new configuration observed.
1saludo and thanks as not Jaicrab, Alexander and Maki and the explanatory video kiki
, otherwise complete!
Below are some additional details on the process, roughly translated:
- Dump the Flash partitions on an external (USB)
- Restore partitions via a Flash dump on external media (USB)
- Mount the partitions Write Flash
- Interfere before loading the VSH, which means that a new VSH can be created and launched in place of that of the official XMB is like on the PSP. The advantages are that the hardware verification can be avoided when installing PUP eliminating the need to go through the recovery mode.
- Additional modes are available, the update mode for updating any module, patch or The Grid via a USB stick and the Safe mode that allows the launch of a module, the other with preloader user-customized settings and it persistently.