April 7, 2012 // 1:11 am
- Following up on our previous
release, today myself (OverX
) and HwapX
have made available a Venix Downgrade PS3 4.11 to 3.55 Patch GUI for those interested followed by a translation error fix and update v1.2 and revision 4 below.
Download: Venix Downgrade PS3 4.11 to 3.55 Patch GUI
/ Venix Downgrade GUI v22.214.171.124
/ Venix Downgrade Patch v1.2 for E3 Flasher NOR
/ Venix Downgrade Patch v1.2 for Progskeet NOR
/ Venix Downgrade Patch v1.2 for FAT Dual NAND
/ CFV 2.0 Revision 4
Warning: According to the PS3 Dev Wiki (ps3devwiki.com/wiki/Talk:Downgrading_with_Hardware_flasher#Venix_Autopatcher) the Venix Autopatcher / Downgrade tool is known and proven to give false positives on bad dumps that lead to permabricks.
Use this method (ps3devwiki.com/wiki/Validating_flash_dumps): Validating flash dumps to make sure the dumps are in crisp condition. You cannot recover from bad flash without proper dumps (e.g. bricking the console beyond repair).
: The only thing this tool tests is size and "oya," nothing else. It blindly copypastes ps3 binary code from inside its EXE inside the file. In best case scenario (if a proper validated dump was used) it creates a patched file just like Winskeet, Progskeet etc do since a long time.
There is no need for a tool that gives users a false feeling of security, while in reality there is none. You need Flowrebuilder anyhow to extract+check and validate your dump. I see no reason why you should not be using the builtin autopatcher of Flowrebuilder too (which is a veteran tool, as Flowrebuilder has been intensely tried+tested+bugfixed).
Venix Downgrade is a Windows application that lets you use your patch in NOR or NAND to return to version "downgrade" 4.11 to 3.55. You can also compare your flash to check if there is errors.
Application created to facilitate the process:
- Compatible with Progskeet, E3 Flasher, Teensy 2.0++ other.
- Compatible with NOR and NAND.
- Script to check malformed headers, File names, Region names.
- Check headers offsets NOR.
- Compares bits between two NAND or NOR.
- GUI interface.
- Patch to downgrade simplified.
- Automated Method
- Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4
Portuguese and English version changed according to the language of your operating system.
From the v1.2 release (blog.cursos-games.com.br/?p=902) changes, to quote:
Checking the header and size of files:
- Checks if the metldr is compatible with downgrade.
- Validation editable via xml
- Search patch for external NOR and NAND.
How to use:
- Make reading your NAND or NOR with E3 or Progskeet.
- Open your backup with v1.2 Downgrade Venix
Failures: If by chance the program detects a fault, we will use the Flow Rebuild to solve.
- Let's download the FlowRebuilder v.126.96.36.199.exe.
- We will open your NOR defective.
- Now select the "Byte reverse and extract a NOR dump file."
- Open your NOR and execute the function.
- The program will create a new NOR with the extension. REV.
- Remove the extension and apply the patch to v1.2 Downgrade Venix
CFV 2.0 Revision-4 Changelog:
- Language support - for now is only a Polish, English, German and Spanish. Unfortunately, no special characters support (we plan in future add external font support in lang.xml).
- Translated databases into German and Spanish.
- Updated English databases.
- New icon for displaying text files (i.e readmes/changelogs). Files are define in and read from files DIR.
- Other minor fixes (SHA2-224 on Windows XP not support yet).
Thanks for translations: Fatman, toto67 and Evilnat. Complete list of rebug fw info set, and a few others. List is not complete but i'll try in future complete it. Some of ./files are ripoff site news (because there's was no official readmes).