November 7, 2011 // 10:59 am
- Today mrKill
has confirmed that Sonic Generations is now fully working on PS3 3.55 Custom Firmware using the Sonic Generations PS3 LiGHTFORCE scene release.
Below is a video of it in action, a guide
and to quote on the Sonic Generations PS3 3.55 Custom Firmware fix:
- Replace the files, but make sure you keep a backup files before replacing.
- You must run the game using / APP_HOME/PS3_GAME/ on the XMB once you mount by multiMAN.
- MulitMAN: make sure it is the latest version of it.
- Not tested yet but lots of people claims it working.
- If copied from another PS3 some report it won't save or load game data.
- Stay tuned and any updates will be updated here.
- Credit to uz4 our Bitgamer member who made the topic.
PS3 3.55 CFW FiX: http://www.wupload.com/file/1995867452/Sonic_Generations_FIX_CFW_3.55.rar
by Greystoke MS
Finally from alphaomega
comes what may be a method which allows Sonic Generations and other titles to work, as follows:
1. Install a game demo that works on 3.55 from .pkg file (Resistance 3, Driver San Francisco, many many more) and install it.
2. With FTP, go to the GAME folder where all .pkgs get installed to (sort by date it will be the newest).
3. Copy the param.sfo and eboot.bin to the folder of the full game...
If its Sonic.. WIN.. Game works (Mount in Multiman and run from APP_HOME/PS3_GAME/)