January 6, 2013 // 5:12 am
- Following quickly behind his last update
, PlayStation 3 developer Rogero
is back this weekend with Rogero CEX 4.30 v2.05 which adds the Cinavia Patched Video Player module to disable the Cinavia Protection on HDD based content.
Here's the self-extracting all-in-one package, which includes the following apps/PUPs: (Thank you GDrive
- Condor Updater 3.1
- DeanK installPKG
- Rebug ToggleQA
- Rogero 3.55 v3.7 PUP
- Rogero 4.25-to-3.55 Downgrader PUP
- Rogero 4.30 v2.05 PUP
AIO Download Mirrors:
PUP MD5: 91fb63b42b9d3e24a29478a71524de64
PUP Size: 192 MB (201,611,904 bytes)
For all the users that are having the Singstar Icon on XMB, please know that this is a pure Original FW 4.30/4.31 feature and
it seems it is only showing for Europe users when they connect the PS3 to the Internet.
Here's two links to the SingStar problem with OFW4.30:
Download: InstallPKG SingStar Replacement PKG
/ multiMAN v04.18.00
To quote: This CFW was tested on most PS3 Models by different testers and no problems were encountered. But as any CFW release you must install it with caution and by following proper instructions, No one will be held responsible for any damage caused.
- This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over any OFW3.55/CFW3.55/CFW4.21/CFW4.30.
- For details about Downgrading back to CFW/OFW3.55 Please read the Downgrade Guide below.
Rogero CFW4.30 v2.05
- Changed the [app_home/PS3_GAME] IPF Name and Icon to show as "ToolBox" now so we don't have duplicate "IPF" entries on XMB.
- Added the Cinavia Patched Video Player module to disable the Cinavia Protection on HDD based content ( Credits to Team Rebug for the module )
- Added the new patches that allowed the return of the Original "*Install Package Files" and "Install All Packages", Credits to Szalay and "hidden Man".
- Updated Dean's "*Install Package files" (Toolbox in v2.05) on [app_home] to the latest version that doesn't requires additional HDD space or a PS3 Restart anymore.
- All the previous features of version 2.03 are all preserved.
If you think that this release was based on latest Rebug release as you mentioned then let me tell you that you are completely wrong. (no dis-respect here for Team Rebug, Cyberskunk is a well known dev and doing awesome job on Rebug PUPs)
This latest update was released only to add the new patches from Szalay
and "hiddenMan" for the IPF sprx files, it have nothing to do with Team Rebug's release, also about the correct mapping for REX v4.30 I still didn't have the time to extract the latest Rebug PUP and check out the changes.
My CFW have its own patched LV1/LV2 which allowed the redirection of the new IPF to [app_home] when the Original IPF was still not possible to have, it have nothing used from Rebug's CFW except 1 file only which is "videoplayer_plugin.sprx" and this is simply the 4.30DEX version of the file that doesn't have the Cinavia protection, and I have Credited Team Rebug when I used this file.
- Added the Cinavia Patched Video Player module to disable the Cinavia Protection on HDD based content (Credits to Team Rebug for the module)
Also, if you really want to know who's the one missing some credits for the latest 4.30 lv1ldr/mappings/etc.... you can start by crediting "flatz".
As always, for the related guides including Updating from CFW3.55/4.21 to CFW4.30, Downgrading back to CFW/OFW3.55, and Recovering from a Brick please refer to the previous