July 1, 2012 // 9:48 pm
- Following up on his previous
release, this weekend PlayStation 3 homebrew developer PsDev
has updated PS3Tools GUI Edition to version 2.5 which now includes a new PS3 GUI and features as outlined below.
Download: PS3Tools GUI Edition v2.5
To quote: To jump right into it, I have added a lot into this version. RCO dumper SFO reader and a whole new GUI form and GUI improvements.
When the program first loads, you're going to be opted to choose the GUI, well remember the original GUI for the main screen? Well I added a new one that took out the Command prompt emulator, made the form smaller and sleeker.
Once you choose the GUI you want it will take you too the specific form, but wait, you want to use the other GUI after your done with your first selection? Well I though of that and instead of having it close after selection it stay's alive until you're done!
- SFO READER
- Dump category_friend.rco
- Dump category_game.rco
- Dump category_music.rco
- Dump category_network.rco
- Dump category_photo.rco
- Dump category_psn.rco
- Dump category_sysconf.rco
- Dump category_tv.co
- Dump category_user.rco
- Dump category_video.rco
- Added loading bar on both GUI
- Added dialogs to see completion
- Add messageboxes for errors and PUP completion
- Fixed minor bugs
- Fixed Core_os image reader tool
Side Note: All RCO's that are dumped will be shown in the RCO folder.
Finally in related news, following up on his previous
revisions today nevik
has made available PS3Tools v2 for Mac OSX (10.6 10.7)
and Make PKG
(Windows) stating the following:
If you repack any .PKG with they will install on 4.11 DEX. I have had a great deal of fun learning TCL TK and some python to try and make this tool as easy to use as possible for those who don't want to install Macports. Read README and how to use included.
PS3Tools v2 for OSX:
New: no more X11 needed all GUI is written in tcl tk.
- Edit Read and Create PARAM.SFO files.
- Fail0verFlow make self tool
As of now you can:
- unself : F0F unself
- unself2 : F0F unself2 See README.txt for mallory instructions.
- readself : F0F readself and readself2<
- make_self : This is geohot's make_self.
- make_self_F0F : F0F make self tool<
- make_self_npdrm : This is geohot's make_self_npdrm tool.
- package_finalize : This is geohot's tool to make any .pkg installable on WutangrzaCFW.
- norunpack : F0F to unpack NOR.BIN.
- pupunpack : This will unpack any PS3UPDAT.PUP
- pupexplode : This will unarchive all the files from the PS3UPDAT.PUP
- ungpkg : This is for unpkg npdrm pkg (works on some .pkg not on others)
- unpkg : This is for unpkg of regular pkg (works on some .pkg not on others)
- unpack_devflash : it's a simple dev_flash extractor for 3.56+ PUPs --thanks Wargio
- make_pkg : This is HACKERSCHANNEL-PS3Py's python script that will make a npdrm .pkg that will install on your PS3.
- Extract CoreOs : it's a simple CoreOs extractor for 3.56+ PUPs --thanks Wargio
- Edit PARAM.SFO : Edit or read a Game PARAM.SFO file. <
- New PARAM.SFO : create a New PARAM.SFO file for your homebrew. <
: PS3 developer nevik
has now updated his OSX PS3 Tools to version 4 with the changes below, as follows:
To quote: This is a collection of tools for use with the files from the Ps3 and it’s games. This contains many tools, none of which I developed! I simply collected them and put a GUI to them to make it easier to use for those of us running OsX. This has been tested on 10.8-10.9.3
Tools found in this collection are: Scetool, FailOverFl0w’s tools, Reself, Make_npdata, ps2classic, ps3isotool, fixEBOOT and a few more. So thanks to all who contributed time in developing these tools including but not limited to: flatz , IngPereira , LoOzers, aldostools , baargle , fail0verfl0w, Graf _chokolo, MAGiC333X, naehrwert.
This will help you decrypt and encrypt files, unpkg .pkg’s, explore firmwares, create .pkg files and manage your games and a few more things. Make sure to click the Read_Me button first to install the necessary files to make the tool run correctly.
It will also help you install the keys and all the proper files i.e.: /exdata, act.dat, idps… to ensure that everything runs correctly. Once again thanks to all who have contributed to the scene and I hope that this will help a few people out who run OsX! Enjoy!