July 13, 2012 // 8:30 pm
- Following up on his previous revision
, today PlayStation 3 developer PsDev
has updated PS3Tools GUI Edition to version 2.6 which now includes PS3 CEX to DEX functionality as outlined below.
Download: PS3Tools GUI Edition v2.6
To quote: Hi everybody, here to release my new update.
PS3Tools GUI Edition v2.6 Changes:
- Added CEX 2 DEX
- New Interface
- Fixed PKG decryptor button
- Fixed EDAT Tool button
- Removed second GUI form
- Minor bug fixes and code changes to perform better
I have been asked a lot recently to add in a debug PKG decryptor because all I had is a Retail decryptor & extractor. Well I did, but last minute checks, I noticed it was not performing the way I wanted it too.
So instead of releasing faulty code/tool on my program and say it works half way, I'd rather withdraw the feature until a further update when I can have it working properly to my standards and what should be most.
PlayStation 3 CEX to DEX:
This whole CEX to DEX is going around, I felt like adding it to GUI form had to be done so, I jumped on band wagon and did it. When going to use this Make sure you have a CEX Nor flashed named "CEXFLASH.bin" and the eid_root_key.bin in the program folder.
Run the tool and it will output a DEXFLASH.bin... easy as pie. Note* opensll required!!
Thanks to naehrwert, KaKaRoToKS, andbey0nd Math, HsRiena, geohot, eussNL, zecoxao and ofcourse the MAIN team I cannot forgot. Fail0verFlow also tthousand for always helping with everything, you're awesome buddy I never give you enough appreciation and thanks!!
Finally, from Sony PS3 hacker evilsperm
I will not be going into detail on how to compile the metldrpwn or how to compile and use libeeid. Oh and if you don't know what scp is go google it because im not gonna be getting into all that, this isnt a spoon feeding tut
1. dump nor (from xmb, hardware flasher, or petitboot) if from petitboot you will need a flash drive or external hdd. make sure you hold on to this backup or your FUCT if something goes wrong.
2. extract nor (f0f tools or the windows nor unpack)
3. install rebug otheros++
4. install rebug otheros++ preptools
5. boot into petitboot
Now this is where it will start to get tricky because you will need to either scp files or use a flashdrive/external hdd, I use scp because its fast and easy
6. READ eEID : dd if=/dev/ps3nflasha skip=$((0x2F000)) of=/cex_eid.bin bs=1 count=$((0x10000))
7. scp cex_eid.bin to your computer
8. cd / rm cex_eid.bin
8. scp your metldr to the PS3 from your computer
9. run the metldrpwn on your metldr and dump the eid_root_key
10. scp your eid_root_key from your PS3 to your computer
11. use libeeid or whatever that other cex>dex tool is and convert your eid to dex (using the cex_eid.bin > dex_eid.bin)
12. scp your new dex_eid.bin to the PS3
13. WRITE eEID: dd if=dex_eid.bin of=/dev/ps3nflasha bs=1 seek=$((0x2F000)) count=$((0x10000))
15. if you're not bricked you will still be in cex FW just install DEX fw and poof your done
LAST WORDS OF WARNING:
If you brick its 100% you're fault and you didn't follow the instructions the the letter, or you just did something wrong all together. Don't ask me what went wrong cuz I won't have a clue nor do I care if you brick seeing I warned you to have a hardware flasher just in case.
Sorry if that sounds harsh but if you don't think you can do this then you shouldn't be trying to mess with your nor in the first place because YOU CAN PERM BRICK!
Rename the .bin's for use with this gui...
Note: After booting to gameOS from petitboot (just after writing the nor, which only a very small section is actually changed) it is still booting the cex firmware that is installed. It isn't on debug fw yet, so there are no debug options. All this does is allow you to install a debug firmware.