December 12, 2013 // 3:04 pm
- Following up on the previous
updates, today PlayStation 3 developers Estwald
have updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.65 followed by IrisMAN 2.65-2 (Mod) by aldostools
with the changes detailed below.
Download: Iris Manager v2.65 for v4.XX PS3 CFW
/ Iris Manager v2.65 for v4.XX PS3 CFW
(Mirror) / GIT
To quote, roughly translated: What's new in version 2.65:
- Added supports for CFW 4.50 DEX and 4.53.
- Added tools to create, extract and patch ISOs (Error 0x80010009) from PC (with source code and can be compiled at least from MinGW and Cygwin).
- Added the ability to create, copy, delete ISOs (except in EXTx ) and extract ISOs from Iris Manager.
- Added Error 0x80010009 fix for updates and ISOs (except EXTx) from the "Check Files" option.
- New rawseciso (source code included in the. rar) with some bugs fixes and improvements against errors (even allows disconnect/reconnect the device), and includes support for HDD0, USB00X through a new mode (see launch_iso_game () in Iris Manager source code) and a mixed mode file/list of sectors for the Build ISO (see launch_iso_build () in Iris Manager source code).
- In Archive Manager now supports Build ISO in all devices (FAT32/NTFS/EXTx) and detects extensions .mkv, .avi, .mp4, .ogm, .mpg as multimedia video files to launch "Showtime".
- Now the current game is saved to return to that game during the game refresh and the last game launched to show when connect the device that contains it.
- Added exception in the Archive Manager to detect if an ISO launched from a "BD ISO" folder is taken as Bluray Video.
- Fixed several bugs like filenames too long in Archive Manager and added other small details and optimizations (such as now when a device with NTFS/EXTx partitions is detected, the USB icon appears blue during the waiting time before mounting.
Cobra mode only activates when Iris Manager is configured in *Payload without Disk* and syscall 8 de cobra in 4.46 is detected. In the mode is not necessary to patch explore_plugin.srpx but could be neccesary to patch libfs.sprx.
- From NTFS, EXTx, /dev_hdd0, /dev_usb00x. drive:
PS3 games ISOS:
You can find them in folder "/PS3ISO". ICON.PNG you wil see it from the ISO itself but you can use a .PNG (wide) image or .JPG (stretched) with the same name of the ISO like a external caratule. That same caratule (i will have to fix this...) (The ones from Multiman with Titled ID). You could use splitted ISOS (if you need it) with the following extension: name.iso.0, name.iso.1,... name.iso.9 (2048 bytes/sector). ISOS can be inside /PS3ISO.
ISOS from DVD:
You can perform this only from "Archive Manager" (default mode). ISOS could be splited (if you need this) with the following extension: name.iso.0, name.iso.1,... name.iso.9 (2048 bytes/sector)
ISOS from Blu-ray:
Only from "Archive Manager" (Autodected of UDF by default, all in the same folder BDISO). ISOS could be splitted (if you need this) with the following extensions: name.iso.0, name.iso.1,... name.iso.9 (2048 bytes/sector)
- From /dev_hdd0, /dev_usb00x drive:
PS3 games with scrambled files: Same mode with, Cobra's mount.
PS1 ISOS: Uses Iris manager support.
CD (without audio tracks and only ISO of 2048 bytes/sector) and DVD (2048 bytes/sector). Not supported USB flashdrives in this mode. ISOS could be inside /PS2ISO folder.
- From any NTFS and EXTx drive and in Archive Manager:
From ANY device:
PS3 ISOS, BD and DVD from any folder. Using Autodetect.
Dinamic creation of ISOS:
Select one file, push SELECT and use "Build ISO from file" option to go back to XMB with Data DVD, ISO.
Dinamic creation of ISOS, with Showtime launch:
Select and push X over a file extension .avi, mp4 or .mkv (I created a DVD ISO of 32 GB). If Showtime is already installed this will execute automatically, select Bluray drive and done. (Showtime is slow to recognize and then play that file, but then plays faster)
Note about dinamic creation:
The trick is to create a small file in HDD0 with the name "iris_manager.biso" which contains ISO information and then add data sectos from the file.
Note on ISOS: It's VERY IMPORTANT that those files not be FRAGMENTED to avoid problems.
Has certain capacity to detect ISOS to mount them from any folder (avoid using PS1 ISOS), Creating ISOS dynamically, having only one file (SELECT and "Build ISO from files) or just executing from Showtime with files .avi, .mp4, .mpg, .ogm y .mkv. ISOS must be 2048bytes/sector and have .ISO extension or if it's fragmented in many parts, use extensions like: .iso.0, .iso.1.... .iso.9...
- Options of ISOS in the GUI:
If you push SELECT we can select an ISO as favourite or unmount if it's NTFS or EXTx.
PS3 favorites are taken as preference to show them/execute them to /dev_hdd0, then ISOS and last /dex_usb00x
We can create, copy, delete and extact ISOS, we can patch them (except in EXTx) via "Checking files" depends disposible options for each game.
- PSP games: No support.
- Creating PS3 games ISOS:
From Iris manager, the last new tool *makeps3iso* (included in the .RAR files as PC ps3iso utilities (with src).zip or with Cobra ODE tool. You can do this from scrambled files: http://www.cobra-ode.com/downloads/Cobra_ODE_GenPS3iso_v2.1.rar
NOTE: Is recommended to use patchps3iso with the latest version of your CFW, then create the ISO in your PC. This will modity PARAM.SFO and SELF/SPRX in case of this you need it.
patchps3iso my_iso.iso 4.46 -> Just for one file.
patchps3iso my_iso.iso.0 4.46 -> for split ISOS
Finally, from aldostools
New in 2.65-1:
New in 2.65-2:
- Added most (if not all) the features of Iris Manager 2.65, not annoying ads,
- Display of file sizes in File Manager,
- Added support for SITE MMQUIT in FTP to quit to XMB using my FTP Client,
- Cobra plugins are not unloaded unless you hold X when the manager starts.
- Fixed label for Build ISO menu.
- Menu now use for: O = Cancel, X = Accept, /\ = No.
- Added ability to abort in the “calc_entries” stage of the build ISO process