April 16, 2013 // 6:08 pm
- Following up on their previous
updates, PlayStation 3 developers Estwald
(with help from Miralatijera
) have updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.35 with the changes detailed below.
Download: Iris Manager v2.35 for v4.XX PS3 CFW
/ Iris Manager v2.35 (Animated Icon)
Iris Manager v2.35 Changelog, roughly translated:
What's new on Iris Manager 2.35
- Ported all console presentation to support UTF8 instead of ANSI
- Added improvements to "Archive Manager": ability to edit LV2, RAM, select a piece of code, copy it (max 1MB), paste it on other place(file/memory), use it to find matches (max 512 bytes) or create a new file with that content.
- Added procedure Write HTAB (thanks to Miralatijera for the assembly code) to make LV2 executable and other stuff [+ laughs]
- Added Disc-less mode that runs games from a simulated disc in XMB, using BD EMU, patched explore_plugin and patched libfs, has successfully launched all the games I've tried, without addressing /APP_HOME in CFW 4.40 Miralatijera. This mode doesn't work for those who have a broken BD-Drive or don't have a working lector
Virtual mounting system:
- Modules explore_plugin and libfs must be patched.
- A USB flash drive, memory card or USB storage device connected (recommended method)
- On Iris Manager, press START to "Global Options", go to "Tools" and select where it says " With/Without BDVD Controller" the "Disc - Less payload" option.
- Restart Iris Manager and select a game: to have a better compatibility, use BD EMU with patched libfs.sprx or patched explore_plugin.sprx.
There are three ways to get the disc mounted:
- On Iris Manager or XMB, insert a USB flash drive, USB storage device, or memory card, and then launch the game.
- Before to run Iris Manager, insert a USB flash drive, USB storage device or memory card, then run Iris Manager, select a game and the disc will be mounted on XMB automatically.
- Without a USB device or memory card: Run Iris Manager, select a game and on XMB, run another application, such as "Homelaunc1", that get in and get out quickly. With that, the game will be mounted on XMB.
- This has been tested in CFW 4.40 Miralatijera: in theory, It should work on other CFW, since the code was created considering the portability (ability to locate the code on any place and re-define the necessary calls).
- Notice again that there is no support for those who have a broken BD-Drive or simply do not have a working lector. (I'm really sorry, but I have no technical resources to find out what's wrong and it's an achievement that I have made this in that way [+ laughs])
- Obviously, this is a full disc-less mode: you can't pretend to insert a real disc with the syscalls simulating another, so you must restart the PS3. It's compatible with the PSX ISOS from Iris Manager.