November 13, 2013 // 1:29 am
- Sony has published the official PS4 User's Guide online today (available HERE
) alongside a video below on how to capture PlayStation 4 gameplay from MrVg247
It also appears that the PS4 don't support 3D Blu-ray format among others, as follows:
Supported disc formats
- Blu-ray Disc
- BD-R/RE (BDAV, BDMV)
- DVD-R/RW*2 (video mode, VR mode*3)
*1Hybrid discs are supported.
*2AVCHD is supported.
*3CPRM is supported.
Playback of the following types of discs is not supported:
- BD-RE ver.1.0
- BD-R/RE XL
- Blu-ray 3D
- DVDs that have not been finalized.
From the video's caption: SO, you've got your PS4? How do you setup a capture card to capture from the console? Well, you'll have to deal with HDCP and you'll probably need a better capture card for 1080p.
How to capture from a PlayStation 4
Bypass HDCP to Capture PS4 Gameplay Footage
Finally, from the PS4 manual below is how to command the PS4 with your voice:
Operating the system with your voice
You can use your voice to perform operations on the home screen and other areas. For voice input, use a headset (included) or the microphones on a PlayStation Camera.
1. Say "PlayStation". The microphone icon and the operations that can be performed next are displayed. The microphone icon lights up in blue during voice recognition.
2. Choose the operation you want to perform from the items that are displayed, and then say it.
- If you don't say an operation within 10 seconds or if you operate the system with the controller, the voice recognition feature is disabled.
- On the home screen, you can enable and disable the voice recognition feature with the L2 button on the controller.
- Even if you are playing a game, you can say "PlayStation" and then say one of the following commands to perform operations.
- Home Screen
- Take Screenshot
- Log In
- To use the voice recognition feature, you must set a checkmark in (Settings) > [System] > [Operate PS4 with Voice].
- If a headset and a PlayStation Camera are both connected to the system, only the headset's microphone is enabled.
- Depending on the system language, English might be the only language available for voice input.
- If there is too much ambient noise, your voice might not be recognized.
Finally, in related news Shanze
made available some PS3 game packet captures for those without a PS4 yet who are seeking to examine them stating the following:
Download: Ps3 Packet sniffs.rar
Hey, I'm new here and just wanna hand these out so far. These are my first captures but I tried to be as detailed in them as possible, I used internet connection sharing via my laptop's wifi adapter to connect the ps3 with a cross-over cable and used wire-shark to sniff my ethernet port/local area connection only.
I labeled each action I captured the packets for in each game, and also provided a master capture file of simply playing the game and capturing the packets. I tried to be as detailed as possible with my captures. I will update these files as I get more captures, so far though I have quite a few.
I hope the packet logs / sniffs end up in the right hands of those who'd have interest in returning online functionality to these titles when they go offline, or to work on providing an online alternative for those unwilling or able to use PSN.
This weekend I am going to update the packet files. Hopefully I can get all if not most of the games sniffed. I'll provide a temporary alternative download that's for those who may have downloaded the first packets already.
: Updated game list + files (more captures)
Download: PS3 PACKET SNIFFS.rar
I have updated all links and there are more games captured. There's a number left as they're being finished, and it may have been better doing them all at once but I am also obtaining new games to packet sniff too.