- Following up on the previous
update and recent rumors
, today Sony has released PS4 System Software / Firmware Update 1.72 with details below.
Download: PS4 Firmware v1.72 Update (US)
/ PS4 Firmware v1.72 Update (EU)
/ PS4 Firmware v1.72 Update (JP)
Once again, from Sony's Twitter feed on the update:
System software updates coming soon for PS4 (v1.72) and PS3 (v4.60), both will improve system software stability during use of some features
Perform a new installation of the system software:
This procedure is for initializing your PS4 system and performing a new installation of the system software, such as for when you replace the hard disk drive.
The following things are needed to perform the update:
- Be careful when using an update file for reinstallation. All users and all data will be deleted.
- PlayStation 4 system
- Computer connected to the Internet
- USB storage device, such as a USB flash drive
* There must be 400 MB of free space.
- On the USB storage device, create folders for saving the update file.
- Using a computer, create a folder named “PS4″. Inside that folder, create another folder named “UPDATE”.
- Download the update file, and save it in the “UPDATE” folder you created in step 1.
- Save the file with the file name “PS4UPDATE.PUP”.
- Turn off the power of your PS4 system completely.
- Check that the power indicator is not lit. If the power indicator is lit up in orange, touch the power button on the PS4 system for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps a second time).
- Connect the USB storage device that the update file is saved on to your PS4 system, and then touch the power button for at least 7 seconds.
- The PS4 system starts in safe mode
- Select [Update System Software].
- Follow the screens to complete the update.
- If your PS4 system does not recognize the update file, check that the folder names and file name are correct. Enter the folder names and file name in single-byte characters using uppercase letters.