December 15, 2013 // 7:09 pm
- Following up on How to Play Media Files on Your PS4
, today Italian PlayStation 4 developers BiteYourConsole
have created BiteYourPlayer v1.0 Beta which is a PS4 Media Player HTML Mod with details below.
(Http File Server v2.2f - no setup) / BiteYourPlayer.rar
To quote, roughly translated: The new PlayStation 4 is equipped with a web browser from all over, maybe one of the fastest on a console from the living room, and so that BiteYourConsole jumped at the potential offered by a language such as HTML5.
With a speech of this magnitude we were able to make a simple but potential movie player in mp4 format (format commonly used for watching movies via smartphone and PlayStation Portable).
To run the application needs a Http Server, we have chosen HTTP File Server (HFS) that once started will allow us to be able to watch our video from any device connected to our Wi-Fi network.
Download the portable version of the HFS program, run it and drag the contents of the file into the window Biteyourplayer.rar Virtual File System.
To be able to watch a movie on the PlayStation 4 via the Web browser does not have to do is drag the movie to the video folder, the files will have the mp4 format and must be renamed to PS4.
After the configuration, there is nothing left to start the server and log on with the IP of your console through the browser (eg 192.168.1.87:7000 / index.html).
Thanks to $n!PR
for the idea and Michael Varaquez
for having edited the html code.
Finally, below is a How To Play Your Personal Music Collection On PS4
video guide as follows:
I know a lot of people wont want to be bothered with this, but take the type of situation, where you only have one PC in your house and it is used by the entire family, say someone wants to use that computer, while you want to listen some music, this would be an ideal situation, here is the tutorial or guide on how to do it:
Play Your Media Files on PS4 via the Web Server Tutorial
1. Download the archive containing the pack of all what you need here: https://www.mediafire.com/?x8wtkdgxt1whlhj
2. Unzip the “BiteYourPlayer.zip” with a program like 7-Zip or winrar.
3. Open the “BiteYourPlayer” folder.
4. Launch the application “hfs.exe.”
5. Accept by clicking “yes” when the new firewall window appears.
6. “HTTP File Server 2.2f” should be running properly now.
7. Right-click the house icon and select “Add files …”.
8. Select the file “index.html”, “player.jpg”, “termini.png” from the pack you downloaded and extracted before and click “Open”.
9. The files should appear in the home folder displayed by the software tree.
10. Right-click the house icon and select “Add folder from disk …”.
11. Select the “video” folder and click “OK”.
12. Select the “Real Folder” option when the software asks you “what kind of folder do you want”.
13. The “video” folder should appear in the tree displayed by the software.
14. Put your video in MP4 format in the “video” folder in your “BiteYourPlayer” folder and select it.
15. Rename your video previously selected to “ps4.mp4″.
16. Back on the interface of HFS (HTTP File Server) software, right-click on the “video” folder and click “Add files...”.
17. Select the video you renamed to “ps4.mp4″ and click “Open.”
18. Your video file to MP4 format “ps4.mp4″ should appear in the tree displayed by the software.
19. Click on the file “ps4.mp4″ and you will see its path appear at the upper side of the software. Take note of it (for example : http://192.168.1.22/video/ps4.mp4
20. You can now open the PS4 browser and write the correct path and you will be able to read your multimedia file on your PS4 web browser.
Finally, here is a PS4 Media Server: How to Stream Videos from Local Network to PS4
tutorial from Wololo
for those interested in using Plex Media Server instead.