- LightBox Interactive President Dylan Jobe
has announced news of a Warhawk PS3 Tournament 2010 for both US and EU players today.
To quote: On the heels of our recent price-drop for Warhawk, and for all of our fans both rookies and veterans, we have decided to hold a new Warhawk Competition!
Many of us here in the States have been spending way too much time staring at our brackets
so we're opting not to do a traditional "bracketed" tournament based on teams or clans.
Instead, we're going to make this competition more accommodating of the individual player by hosting special Capture the Flag Servers that players can join and play on.
These servers will have their stats tracked separately for the duration of the competition, specifically Points earned, and these stats will be displayed on a new Tab labeled "TOURNY" that we are adding to the Warhawk Web site and this new tab will process and update all the player data periodically.
If you get a kill or flag capture and then immediately go check the "TOURNY" Tab, just be aware that the server churns all the data every 6 hours and your fine, fine combat skills may take a bit of time to be displayed :-)
So here are the ground rules:
• Competition starts on April 2nd at 5am Pacific Time and will run through May 3rd at 5am Pacific Time.
• Players must play on Official SONY Servers named "Tournament-CTF-1,2,3, etc."
• Competition is open to North American *AND* European players.
• The top 50 players that have earned the most Points on these designated servers will win the competition.
Winners will receive the very rare Champions Blade! It's an in-game weapon like a trophy that you can bash people with. You'll also get a special edition Warhawk shirt for your avatar in HOME – only available to the winners of this competition!
Start sharpening your skills and get ready for the competition – an who knows, you may even run into a dev or two ;-)