April 22, 2011 // 11:31 am
- Codemasters Community Manager Benjamin Bateman
has shared a video today of a TV ad for Operation Flashpoint: Red River which arrives on the PlayStation 3 entertainment system today.
To quote: Red River is out now and you can pick it up from all your favourite retailers! To mark this momentous occasion we've this spectacular TV advert that shows Codemasters
putting the everyday folks, like you and me, in the boots of a Marine!
We've strived to make Red River the closest experience you can get to being a marine without signing up. Whether you choose to hit the battlefield as a Grenadier, Scout, Rifleman or Automatic Rifleman, the drop-in / drop-out co-op makes sure that there's plenty of fun to have.
If you then want to break from the exhilarating campaign you can always immerse yourself in the 4 excellent FTE game modes.
• Last Stand - Fight off hoards of enemies! The longer you and your friends hold ground, the more points you get. But don't forget to bug out or you'll just bag a big fat zero points!
• CSAR - Combat Search and Rescue sets you in a Black Hawk Down
style scenario. Find the downed pilots and escort them to safety, but watch your buddies backs, the PLA won't be too pleased to see you!
• Combat Sweep - This is clean and simple fun. Work with your team through a series of compounds clearing out enemy insurgents. Grab some friends and run through this as quickly and effectively as you can for a big time bonus! Clear orders are the key to success.
• Rolling Thunder - Escort your convoy to safety watch out for IEDs, RPGs, and ambushes from insurgents. Make sure the convoy doesn't stop for too long or you and your team will start losing points!
If you're looking for some fearless Marines to recruit into your fireteam then head over to our co-op forums
to meet other Red River fans and jump online.