December 15, 2010 // 9:22 pm
- Evolution Studios Game Director Matt Southern
has revealed lots of MotorStorm Apocalypse details today, including a Skyline video, PS3 Demo coming in 2011, DLC plans, a Photo Mode and more!
To quote: On the recent trip to New York we unveiled the new MotorStorm Apocalypse track Skyline and we'd like to share a video, as well as bring you details revealed at the event.
First up, the video of Skyline starring my favourite new vehicle, the Superbike is below.
Here's a recap of the new info we shared:
• Player customization: Perks enable full visual customisation and performance customization in the form of perks are both new features.
• Playable demo: A demo is being planned for 2011.
• Stereoscopic 3D: We showed Skyline in stereoscopic 3D, and pretty much everyone agreed with me that it sets the benchmark for 3D gaming. I hope you get to experience it in this way!
• Exclusive content: PSN avatars, dynamic themes, pre-order and PlayStation Plus exclusives are all planned and we'll have specifics to share very soon.
• New Photo Mode: We've got a sophisticated Photo Mode that can capture gameplay images in ultra-high resolutions, as well as some easy-to-use tools that allow for fantastic post-effects - all of the Skyline screenshots were taken using Photo Mode mid-race!
• Post-release content: We have big ambitions to continue support for the game after it releases, and to develop some of the concepts we haven't been able to find time for in development, including a special island track we're hoping to be able to give away for free.
• New taunts and gestures: All previous versions of MotorStorm featured the ability to taunt other riders. This time, we have a set of insanely flamboyant gestures guaranteed to get your opponents fuming.
• New videos: The videos, including a series of developer diaries , will be launched on the PlayStation.Blog and PSN in the next couple of weeks.
• Release date: We don't have a final global release date, but are scheduled to launch in Spring 2011.
We always try to release video and game information first on the PlayStation.Blog, but as some of you have already discovered we didn't quite manage it this time. Here's a quick round-up of some of the reaction to the unveiling, and some links to me talking and (more excitingly) videos of MotorStorm... including some play-through footage of the track.
• MotorStorm Apocalypse Preview
"The special effects-strewn setting seems like the perfect complement to the impressive visuals and physics tech the franchise is already known for."
• Exclusive MotorStorm Apocalypse Developer Interview Including New Skyline Footage
"MotorStorm Apocalypse will leave your palms so sweaty there should be a warning on the box..."
• MotorStorm: Apocalypse's Iconic "Skyline"
"The folks putting out the party-at-the-end-of-the-world racer MotorStorm: Apocalypse vow that "Skyline" is winnable by all 16 vehicle classes."
Jamie, our Community Manager who answered your questions while I was travelling back, has shared your reactions, feedback and concerns with me, and a great way to be in the loop on all things MotorStorm Apocalypse is to follow him on Twitter
Thanks to everyone for your comments and your support. Speak soon!