February 8, 2010 // 7:59 pm
- Zipper Interactive's Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham
has revealed some MAG PlayStation 3 developer tips alongside a 'Suppression' video.
To quote: Now that MAG
is roughly two weeks old and players have familiarized themselves with the game and its mechanics, we've decided to help all of you take the next step towards becoming MAG superstars.
Specifically, every day over the next three weeks we'll be offering a bevy of developer facts and strategies from the team right here at Zipper Interactive
. With inside info like that, you can expect to learn plenty of tips, tricks and tactics that should make you all the more prepared for becoming masters of MAG's game modes, character classes and leadership roles.
First up, is a closer look at the game mode Suppression as explained by lead designer, CJ Heine. Watch this introductory video first, and then look for CJ's tips listed directly afterward.
Hey everyone, this is CJ Heine
from Zipper and I'm here to give you some valuable info on how to maximize your time in Suppression.
For players that are new to MAG, Suppression is one of the first game types they can play - keep these things in mind as you get your feet wet:
• Wins and losses in Suppression do not count in the Shadow War, but you may also find Suppression missions less stressful because you don't have to worry about impacting the war as you learn the game.
• Remember to stick with your squad
. You will improve your survivability while learning how to fight alongside your team.
• There are no vehicles or objectives to repair in Suppression, so modify your loadout appropriately (no need for the Repair Kit or Anti-tank Mines).
• Learn the locations of the Resupply Points as they'll refill your health and ammo, so knowing the way back to these quickly will keep you alive longer. They also tend to be player magnets, and can often become the center of combat.
• Most default loadouts contain a First Aid Kit, so practice using this on yourself when your health gets too low. If you have upgraded to the Medical Kit or have the Resuscitation skill, seek out wounded allies and try healing them.
• Don't bleed out if you've been killed! Get familiar with the incapacitation and bleedout mechanics in Suppression, and see if there is anyone available to revive you before you choose to respawn.
• Go easy on the low level guys! They're in Suppression trying to learn and gain their first few levels. You are all in the same PMC, and taking the time to help them and answer their questions could make the difference down the road in a Shadow War mission.
• Suppression is a great place to experiment with your new skill unlocks. The Suppression missions are small and time to combat is quick, making them a great source for practice targets. Use this closed environment to experiment with things like anti-personnel mines, items from the Electronics skill tree, new weapon upgrades, etc.
• Right on the edge of your next player level but short on time? Often times, it's faster to play a quick Suppression match instead of a full Shadow War mission for that last bit of needed experience.
Thanks for the help CJ! We'll be back again tomorrow with Producer Alan Van Slyke's tips for Sabotage - see you then.