- Zipper Interactive Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham
has announced that MAG Interdiction (4MB Activation Patch) for PS3 is available today alongside a Double XP weekend!
To quote: Today is the day that MAG fans have been waiting for as our first major DLC, "Interdiction
," is now available for purchase from the PlayStation Store for $9.99 US (prices in other regions may vary)!
If you missed our post detailing Interdiction a few weeks back, allow us to sum it up for you:
MAG Interdiction is a brand new game mode built for 128 players. In it, two rival attacking factions fight to gain control of three different command posts while using armored convoys for every squad on the map (that's right, 16 APCs onscreen at once!).
To earn the victory, teams must capture and hold as many objectives as possible to increase their score while simultaneously decreasing their opponents' score across three all-new "faction neutral" maps (Iron Creek Quarry, Lake Bayano Spur, and Sovot Motorway).
In addition to the new maps and gametype, Interdiction will also include the most powerful protection in the game, the "Heavy Improved" armor set, as well as a number of new in-game ribbons, medals and trophies. Here's a reminder of what you can expect:
• Jump Start - Capture 2 Command Posts in a round of Interdiction
• Mowing the Grass - Get 10 kills with a vehicle turret in one round
• Dashed Hopes - Destroy 2 mines with gunfire in one round
• Cannonball Rally - Become an MVP (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) in a round of Interdiction
• Roadside Assistance - Capture 10 Interdiction control points over your career
• Landscape Architect - Get 50 kills with a vehicle turret over your career
• BOD - Destroy 20 mines with gunfire over your career
• Designated Driver - Earn 5 Interdiction MVPs over your career
• King of the Hills (Bronze) - Earn the Roadside Assistance medal while playing Interdiction
• Red Ball Express (Silver) - Earn the Designated Driver medal while playing Interdiction
• Road Runner (Gold) - Capture 3 Interdiction control points in a single round
As a special "thank you" to everyone who's playing MAG
this week, we're also bringing back our popular "Double XP" promotion over the weekend. That means that whether you purchase our new Interdiction DLC or not, you can expect to grab twice as much experience for your battlefield efforts starting Friday, June 25 at 12:01am Pacific Time (3:01am Eastern, 7:01am GMT).
Just be sure to finish any game you start in order to benefit from the additional XP, as folks who leave a game early won't receive the bonus. Our Double XP Weekend ends on Sunday, June 27 at 11:59pm Pacific Time (2:59am Eastern, 6:59am GMT).
Oh, and one final note: All MAG players will have to download a small "Interdiction Activation Patch" starting today. It's only 4MB in size and prepares your copy of MAG to be compatible with the Interdiction game mode. Again, Interdiction itself can be downloaded later today from the PlayStation Store for $9.99 US and weighs in at 440MB.
Thanks to all our fans for keeping us going these past five months - see you on the Sovot!