- Today WWS Online Producer Daniel Brooke
announced that the Uncharted BETA is now open to all users, as follows:
As some of you may know, the Uncharted 2 public beta has been running for the last couple of weeks, but only for those who pre-ordered the game from certain retailers.
But no longer! Because you can download it from PlayStation Store at 7pm UK, and play all the way up to October 12th!
The Public Beta contains:
• Four maps - The Ice Cave, The Temple, The Village and The Plaza
• Deathmatch, Elimination, Plunder, Chain Reaction, Co-op Gold Rush and an extract from one of our Co-op objective levels
• The Machinima mode, where you can run around the levels and tweak the camera so you can create movies which you can then watch in Cinema mode
• Cinema mode, where you can watch movies of your online matches, or your performances in Machinima mode, then upload them and send them to your friends (as long as they've got the Beta to watch it on of course)
• Twitter option - enter your twitter account details and you'll automatically tweet status updates of your online progress
• Store items - we've included a selection of the Skins, Boosters, and Taunts as well as all the Co-op Weapon Upgrades for you to spend your hard earned ingame cash on
But don't think that you've seen it all if you've played the Public Beta. Far from it! We've got a more online content in the final game:
• Three more maps (which I'm not going to spoil by naming right now)
• The full set of Co-op objective levels (which I have to say are my favourite online feature)
• Three more game modes - Turf War, King of the Hill and Co-op Survival
• More skins, boosters and taunts in the ingame Store
So once the Beta's over do not despair, as the full game will be released on October 14th in Europe, October 15th in Australia and New Zealand, and October 16th in the UK and Ireland. Enjoy!