August 8, 2012 // 5:03 pm
- Housemarque Games Designer Petsku
has announced today that Super Stardust HD is turning five, and to celebrate they are offering a stellar PSN sale for fans!
To quote: It's amazing that we've come this far since Super Stardust HD first came on the scene.
Five years ago, the top-selling and award-winning PS3 game blasted you on a breathtaking tour through the galaxy full of epic sights and scenes.
Everyone here at Housemarque
has been honored to be a part of the journey in creating five years of action-packed entertainment on PSN.
From Super Stardust HD to Super Stardust Portable to Super Stardust Delta on PS Vita, we've always pushed ourselves to deliver the best possible arcade experience.
To celebrate the game's fifth anniversary, and to thank you all for your support, we've launched a spectacular offer - Super Stardust HD + all three DLC add-ons, including last year's stellar new "Impact" game mode, in one cosmic bundle for only $7.99. This deal won't last forever though - the offer will only be valid from August 8th to September 5th.
With each new DLC pack, we've aimed to dazzle by adding even more fun and innovative features to the core Super Stardust HD experience. Here are four features that we are most proud of implementing since the game's launch in 2007:
1. Super Stardust HD is one of the first and only games to provide a 60 fps 1080p 3D experience, creating 120 unique frames per second in order to do so
2. The DLC expansions add numerous game modes and co-op play for up to four players.
3. Better yet, you can experience the co-op modes in true 3D SimulView where each player sees their own view of the action, provided you own the 3D Display
4. Last but not least, Super Stardust HD was the first ever game to feature Trophies!
We here at Housemarque hope that you take advantage of the special anniversary offer and join the thousands of people who have enjoyed our games over these last five years.