May 7, 2013 // 6:00 pm
- Zen Studios Community Manager Bobby Loertscher
confirmed today that Star Wars Pinball Standalone hits PSN next week with some new features detailed below.
To quote: Wait, what? Didn't Star Wars Pinball already launch on PSN? YES! And you are telling me it is launching again? YES! Okay, that was probably super confusing, so let me try to explain.
Believe me, it's a good thing. The initial Star Wars Pinball pack was released in February for Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 and PS Vita. That pack included Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett and Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and it's coming back... this time, with even more features. Cue Star Wars opening crawl text...
From the very beginning of the Star Wars Pinball project, we've been working on a special standalone version of the game that would offer some really fun community features and would be fully branded Star Wars. We managed to finish that project, and it's releasing next week, exclusively on PS3 and PS Vita!
Now you're probably wondering, "Why did I buy this for Zen Pinball 2 when I could have bought a game with different features?" Don't worry, young Padawan, we thought about that too. If you've already bought the tables in Zen Pinball 2, you are entitled to download Star Wars Pinball at no charge!
This means you can unlock the tables in Zen Pinball 2 and in Star Wars Pinball with one purchase - and both games are Cross Buy entitled with Vita, so if you're huge Star Wars fans like us, you can have the game under four different roofs for the price of one.
Here are some of the cool features (ultimately the reasons we did a standalone game) that we could not include in Zen Pinball 2, but are in Star Wars Pinball:
• You can choose to support the Galactic Empire or the Rebel Alliance! Once you do, your high scores contribute to the side you choose, creating a Star Wars Pinball community fight for the Balance of the Force!
• The main game user interface will change dynamically, based on how the community chooses to support each side. You can see who is winning the overall battle at www.starwarspinball.com
• An XP progression system allowing you to move up the ranks based on Galactic Empire or Rebel Alliance support.
• The game looks, sounds, and is authentic Star Wars!
May the Force be with you!