September 5, 2010 // 4:58 pm
- Sony's Senior Social Media Specialist Rey Gutierrez
has outlined this weeks PS3 and PSP releases today, including PSN releases and Minis as follows:
Any fan of Disney
, Final Fantasy
and RPGs are more then familiar with the Kingdom Hearts
series. Sadly, being a fan of all three – I am not.
With my upcoming travels to Japan next week to cover Tokyo Game Show 2010
, I'm looking forward to jumping head first into Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
on my PSP to help past the time on my long flight.
Gamers with schizophrenia, and a lack of arachnophobia will be web-slinging on their PlayStation 3 when Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
hatches this week as well.
PlayStation fans can also put their hockey and MMA skills to the test when they're given the chance to body check or guillotine their opponents in the rink or the octagon. The PlayStation Network and PlayStation minis also have some neat releases in the second dimension of gaming with galactic and terrain exploration. Come hither Keyblade Masters for this week's The Drop.
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
- Blending together the many alternate universes of the world-famous webslinger with four unique take on Spider-Man's history in comics. Spider-Man attempts to retrieve a piece of a tablet that's been scattered across multiple parallel dimensions, and in doing so he crosses over to storylines famous to comic book aficionados as variant tellings of the Spider-Man mythology.
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2
- Plunge into explosives environment where you can become elite aerial soldiers in control of the world's most technologically advanced aircraft. You will have the chance to control pilots trained to use cutting edge technology in aerial warfare missions.
- This is a one-of-a-kind real-time strategy game, allows players to bluff their enemies to lead their nation to victory. Controlling the action using views that range seamlessly from the heart of the battlefield to the full theatre of war, players will be plunged into the action thanks to the exclusive IRISZOOMTM Engine which offers an intuitive interface.
- Celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the franchise, NHL 11 aims to to raise the bar yet again for hockey fans. With a real-time physics engine that brings a realism to the franchise, gameplay innovations – like broken sticks and a revamped face-off system – as well as the addition of the Canadian Hockey League, NHL 11 promises to be the most complete hockey videogame ever created.
- TerRover's gameplay is based on navigating a terrain rover through over forty stages of puzzling arcade levels in five different 2-D art styles including the icy vistas of Congelata. TerRover features three local multiplayer modes for up to four people, leaderboards and PlayStation Network trophies.
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
- A tale of a new trio of heroes, told across three scenarios utilizing the technology of the PSP. With new features introduced on top of the traditional controls, game system, and visual style of its predecessors.
Before Sora took up the Keyblade, there were other Keyblade masters. One of these masters, Xehanort, disappeared one day along with his apprentice. This event proved to be a foreshadowing of great disaster to come. Aware of the threat, another master ordered his three apprentices to seek out Xehanort and his cohort.
UFC Undisputed 2010
- Players manage Octagon control with a variety of strikes, submissions, transitions, cage positions and more. In addition, players will have customizable freedom with created fighters by combining move sets from numerous MMA disciplines to become true mixed martial artists.
Ace Armstrong vs. the Alien Scumbags!
- This is a fast-paced horizontally scrolling shooter with a unique, slapstick take on the best of 50s and 60s sci-fi movies and cartoons. The game features a unique weapons system: instead of collecting power-ups, Ace must down enemies using the incredible power of the Recyl-o-Ray! before turning the Scumbags' own weapons against them!