November 14, 2010 // 11:25 pm
- Today Sony's Senior Social Media Specialist Rey Gutierrez
has posted up this weeks new PS3, PSP and PSN releases.
To quote: The third installment in the Assassins Creed franchise arrives on the PS3 this week and the blog boyz are ready to behead and slay some Templars – Cesare Borgia, you're going down, son.
Igniting mass destruction and triggering powerplays goes portable this week when one my favorite racing games of 2010, Split/Second
, comes to the PSP.
In other PSP news: A popular but previously delayed minis title has a new date; you'll be dribbling and shouting "Boom Shakalaka!"; and Criterion
are on Hot Pursuit for speed.
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
- The critically acclaimed single-player experience of Assassin's Creed is back and better than ever as Ezio returns in an epic struggle against the powerful Templar Order.
Now a legendary Master Assassin, Ezio must journey into Italy's greatest city, Rome, center of power, greed and corruption to strike at the heart of the enemy. Defeating the corrupt tyrants entrenched there will require not only strength, but leadership, as Ezio commands an entire Brotherhood that will rally to his side. Only by working together can the Assassins defeat their mortal enemies.
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit brings the franchise back to its roots with intense cops vs. racer chases.
The game features Need for Speed Autolog where players compare racing stats and automatically get personalized gameplay recommendations from their friends. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit players can also experience the thrill of the chase and the rush of the escape as they play through full careers as both a cop and a racer - solo or connected.
NBA JAM - NBA Jam will have players spinning with ankle breaking moves to the basket and on the way to high-flying, backboard-smashing dunks. The game delivers vintage NBA Jam gameplay, combined with all-new features that deliver a fresh new take on the classic game.
Dance Dance Revolution - In the debut version of Dance Dance Revolution on PlayStation 3, players will find the game offers much more than following the arrows with their feet. In this iteration of DDR, players will use both their hands and feet simultaneously, via PlayStation Move and controller mat, providing the most rhythmic and realistic dancing yet!
- Create is a game powered by imagination, a title for the whole family that rewards players for being creative.
The game presents imaginative gameplay challenges where the solutions are fueled by the creativity of the player. Creativity will be unleashed as players design environments with easy-to-use brushes and tools, including textures, props and animating objects that bring the scene to life.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, players will be on the run, fighting for survival on a desperate and dangerous quest to locate and destroy Voldemort's Horcruxes, engaging with Death Eaters and Snatchers in epic battle sequences at every turn.
Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet
- In Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet, players can "Hero Up" with friends in cooperative play master the unique Factor Power of each of the Marvel heroes in three game modes: Story Mode, Freeplay Mode and Challenge Mode.
Nat Geo Challenge! Wild Life
- Nat Geo Challenge! Wild Life allows players to discover the deadliest creatures, astonishing aquatic life, and all the wonders of this amazing planet all through an interactive trivia game that turns learning into adventure!
Split/Second - In Split/Second, players don't just race to the finish line to beat their opponents, they build up their power meter through deft driving and triggering "power plays," explosive moments that take out opponents or alter the track.
Split/Second for the PSP system includes unique handling and controls designed specifically for Sony's premier handheld game platform. In addition, the game also includes four-player local multiplayer.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Predator
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Predator offers an exclusive tactical experience for PlayStation Portable gamers, delivering a true Ghost Recon experience with sophisticated technology, weaponry, graphics, and challenging gameplay.
- This downloadable game brings the Director's Cut of the arcade classic Crazy Taxi to PlayStation 3. Buckle up – it's sheer asphalt anarchy!
Crazy Taxi screeches offers one wild and hilarious joy-riding jaunt. As a fearless cabbie with attitude, you're driven by a single goal: to rack up the mega-bucks in fares and tips before your shift ends.
(PSP) - Wield mystifying Magic Powers, rack up huge bonus points and make shots you'll smile about for weeks. Amidst all this fevered action, only one question remains: Can you become a Peggle Master?
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011
(PSP) - Pro Evolution Soccer 2011reinvigorates the series with the most advanced set of improved gameplay additions, control options and to catch up with the evolution of the real-life soccer.
3D Ultra MiniGolf Adventures 2
- In 3D Ultra MiniGolf Adventures 2, players are challenged to navigate their ball beyond obstacles using the help of secret shortcuts, game-changing power-ups and traps to sabotage the competition. Putt through over 50 fun-filled holes in diverse locations, such as a Haunted Manor, a Manic Museum and a Winter Wonderland.
(Demo Available) - This is an action game in which players pilot small planes through combat objectives in a World War II-like setting. Players travel through a 2D game world and complete various missions. Players use bombs, missiles, and machine guns to destroy targets (e.g., planes, tanks, trucks, buildings).
Sonic Wings Special - A compilation of all three popular top-down strafing shooters from Video System. Each games features 2-player simultaneous play, multiple playable jet fighters (each with its own anime-styled pilot, special attacks, and – in SW3 – a unique storyline path through the game's various stages), and a massive amount of destructible scenery that yielded money for powering up your fighter.
Money Idol Exchanger - Money Idol Exchanger is a stacking game similar to the Magical Drop, Astro Pop, and Puzzle Bobble series whereby players race to prevent a perpetually falling array of coins in different values from filling up the screen.
Who's That Flying?!
- Who's That Flying!? is a wildly different kind of shooter from the creators of Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess. In it, you are the mysterious and powerful creature known only as the "Guardian of Earth."
Your steely eye and Hyper-Powered Laser Arm have kept the citizens of Earth safe for generations (as well as proving a hit with the ladies). Now, you must not only defend your cities from the ravenous hordes of Doom Beasts, you must defend yourself against accusations of gross incompetence from the Galactic Council of Justice!
- DynoGems is an addictive and challenging puzzle game! Grab and group four or more diamonds of the same color to eliminate them from the screen, until you fill the level bar.
Jewel Keepers: Easter Island
- One day Professor "H", the world-class expert on Easter Island, received a strange letter from its capital Hanga Roa.
It was a cry for help from somebody unknown. It said that something bad was going on the island. Without any hesitation, Professor, together with his assistant Joel and his granddaughter Ivie, rushed to the island, where the puzzles, mysteries and quests awaited them. Can you help him to reveal the biggest secret of Easter Island?