- Following up on the previous
rumor of Sony's PlayStation 4 costing around $400, today VGLeaks (linked above) has shared some details on the PS4 / Orbis Dual Camera functionality from a recent patent
Below is the scoop, to quote: "When we unveiled Orbis, an enigmatic device called "Dual Camera" was also listed within the info.
- "Dual Camera" appears to be an evolutioned HD Eyetoy instead of a Kinect device, based on the features offered right now.
- It contains a pair of wide-angle cameras. Each camera offers a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels (720p).
- Sound is processed by a 4 microphone array working at 48 Khz.
The device can perform some non gaming tasks such as:
- Recognize the user and log in the system
- Video chat
In the gaming field it supports head and hand tracking as new game inputs. Currently it's not clear if this device will support body tracking in the future as Kinect but it's almost sure that it will be bundled with every Orbis system."