November 2, 2011 // 1:54 pm
- Following up on their previous
update, today PlayStation Home Community Manager Locust_Star
has confirmed that the PlayStation Home Redesign wil be coming this Thursday!
To quote: The next stage of PlayStation Home's evolution will arrive on your PS3 this Thursday, November 3rd.
This enormous update integrates games, quests, community events and user-generated content, while providing players with additional navigation, shopping, socialization, and entertainment options.
This massive PlayStation Home redesign will launch with a number of new, free-to-play games, including:
• Bootleggers '29: Set in the seedy underbelly of the Roaring Twenties, this PlayStation Home exclusive first-person shooter found in the Action District pits cops vs. criminals in a Prohibition-era game of Capture the Cask. Boasting real-time multiplayer action, a variety of vintage weapons and unlockable rewards, and the unique ability to play as your PlayStation Home avatar, Bootleggers '29 is a 100% free-to-play game that introduces a classic narrative to the modern shooter genre.
• PlayStation Home Hold 'Em: A series of backroom poker tables hosted in the brand new Sportswalk district, PlayStation Home Hold 'Em squares players off in a no-holds-barred, winner-take-all battle of the bluffs. Only the best of the best will progress to the high stakes tables and collect all the prizes in this free version of the wildly-popular Texas Hold 'Em card game.
• PlayStation Home Sports Trivia: Test your sports expertise against the PlayStation Home community and unlock a series of themed rewards in this massive sports trivia game, found in the Sportswalk. Packed with over 10,000 trivia questions, this game will challenge the memories of even the most die-hard sports fans.
• RC Rally: Build and customize your own remote controlled car and race against friends over multiple courses, performing stunts and tricks and unlocking numerous upgrades along the way. This fast-paced PlayStation Home original game can be found in the new Pier Park.
• Cogs: A 3D version of Lazy 8 Studios award-winning Steampunk puzzle game, Cogs can be found in PlayStation Home's new Hub. Build a variety of machines from sliding tiles and unlock exclusive PlayStation Home rewards in this highly-addictive puzzler.
Your adventure will start at the Hub, which hosts a featured game front-and-center, an Activity Board that includes a robust questing and events system, and stores packed with games, personal spaces, and avatar enhancements.
From there, players can navigate to genre-based Districts that are packed with exclusive games and content served up according to each player's interests, style and game preference. The following game Districts and redesigned core spaces will be available tomorrow:
• Action District: A gathering place for hardcore gamers, the Action District has a gritty, urban feel reminiscent of a first-person shooter level and provides a direct travel point to action and horror games. Visit the Action District this Thursday to play two classic PlayStation Home Total Game Integration events that allow players to unlock content in Killzone 3 and Dead Island.
• Sportswalk: The Sportswalk has an exciting outside-the-stadium feel with instant major league sports scores, headlines and highlights and sports-themed games.
• Adventure District: At the launch of the PlayStation Home redesign, the Adventure District will present the UNCHARTED 3: Fortune Hunter total game integration event, providing a third-person adventure experience including a partial recreation of the Yemen level from UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception multiplayer mode and a cover-based shooting system complete with weapons and gameplay inspired by the hit series. Players can earn unlockable content that can be used in the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Blu-Ray Disc game as well as additional PlayStation Home rewards.
• Pier Park: A waterfront boardwalk leads players to carnival, puzzle, outdoor and arcade games. Take a ride on the Pier Park Ferris wheel or visit the arcade for more games.
• PlayStation Home Theater: The PlayStation Home Theater sports an ultra-modern architectural design and hosts a wide range of videos programmed specifically for PlayStation gamers, including episodes of Pulse and Qore, trailers and interviews from the PlayStation Blog, and exclusive user-generated videos in the popular Community Theater.
• PlayStation Home Mall: The all-new PlayStation Home Mall is loaded with thousands of pieces of content from some of the most popular game and entertainment IPs in the world. Shop for PlayStation Home games, extravagant personal spaces, costumes, clothing items and other avatar enhancements, and tons more in the redesigned Mall.
With more than 230 ready-to-play games, upwards of 10,000 virtual items, and new community events happening every day of the week, PlayStation Home is the place that the PlayStation community gathers to play a wide range of games with their friends.
Whether you are a seasoned member of the community or someone that hasn't visited PlayStation Home in a while, never has there been a better time to come into PlayStation Home join up with our community of millions of passionate PlayStation gamers. See you in Home!