February 20, 2012 // 1:54 am
- Sony Senior Social Media Specialist Rey Gutierrez
is here with the new PS3, PSN and PS Vita releases for the upcoming week today, as follows:
PlayStation Vita is only days away from arriving in North America, and we're continuing the celebration with another phenomenal week of releases on The Drop.
The quirky and addictive worlds of Plants vs Zombies and Touch My Katamari roll onto the PS Vita. On PS3, we are introduced to the science-fiction worlds of Asura's Wrath and Syndicate. PSN brings demos to one of the most anticipated games on PS Vita with Unit 13 and SSX for the PlayStation 3.
New York City, are you ready? I'll be in the big Apple with Jeff this week, ushering in PS Vita to the gaming world this Tuesday night at 550 Madison in Midtown New York
, see you at 8PM! Enjoy this week's The Drop!
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen (PSN/Game Card)
- Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen raises the bar over the original with even more stylish ninja action, new gameplay features, intuitive touch controls and a thrilling dynamic storyline.
Players will scale sheer walls, leap across roof tops, sneak up silently on their prey, and expertly dispatch enemy after enemy with their razor-sharp blade. New gameplay features include Assassination, which lets players make silent and satisfying kills more easily.
Throughout the game, players will hone their skills to execute numerous different attacks and finish their enemies in elegant style, while the game controls will make full and intuitive use of the touch screen capabilities of PlayStation Vita.
Plants vs Zombies
- Help! The zombies have invaded! And don't look now, but they're coming for you next! You'll need to think fast and plant faster to fend off this mob of helmet-clad, pole-vaulting zombies.
Hustle Kings (Demo Available)
- Rack 'em up and hustle your way to the top of the leaderboards with Hustle Kings. Set in contemporary and stylish pool bars, the Hustle Kings game allows players to hone in on their billiards skills in one of the most realistic looking billiards settings ever realized.
Touch My Katamari
- Roll up some fun with this portable entry in the beloved Katamari Damacy franchise. In Touch My Katamari, the ever-growing ball of bits and bobs is controlled by touching the screen or using both analog control sticks to roll it in any direction.
A completely new Katamari gameplay feature allows players to use the rear touch panel of the PlayStation Vita system to stretch the ball either horizontally or vertically to pick up more objects at once or squeeze through a narrow gap. With many more details yet to be revealed, the Prince is already limbering up in the wings to bring a dose of irresistible Katamari oddness to the PS Vita.
Ben 10 Galactic Racing
- The first kart racing game set in the popular BEN 10 universe and based on the hit Cartoon Network TV series features Ben and his alien friends competing in an over-the-top, galactic grand prix race through a variety of tracks on five different planets! Compete for the best times in the high-speed grand prix modes or engage in four-player multiplayer mayhem!
Army Corps of Hell (PSN/Game Card)
- A bloodmoon shall rise over battlefields of endless warfare and ritualistic sacrifice when this hellish action game of regimented slaughter invades the PS Vita!
Dynasty Warriors Next (PSN/Game Card)
- Tecmo KOEI's massive battle franchise Dynasty Warriors comes to the Playstation Vita.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
- In Mutant Blobs Attack players take on the role of a twisted mutant blob with a bit of an attitude problem. Players explore, puzzle and platform their way through a world that takes them from the size of a quarter to that of a giant city - devouring everything around them all the while.
Using a range of inputs including touch-based Blob movement and world manipulation controls as well as good old fashioned thumbstick platforming, players will explore a unique gaming experience never before possible.
PS Vita Demos
â€˘ Unit 13
â€˘ EA Sports: FIFA Soccer
- Inspired by Asian mythology and fused with science fiction, Asura's Wrath aims to redefine the action genre by delivering unprecedented levels of dynamism, drama and interaction. Once a revered deity, Asura was betrayed by his fellow gods and stripped of all his powers.
Consumed by anger at the injustice he has suffered and swearing vengeance, Asura discovers he can use this fury to his advantage and turn it against his enemies. By channelling his inner rage, Asura is now able to unleash devastating attacks and wreak havoc as he battles against the deities who have wronged him and their earthly forces.
Inspired by episodic dramas, Asura's Wrath is split into distinct sections with gameplay and narrative unfolding as one and building to a final climatic conclusion.
- Set in 2069, Syndicate takes players into a dark, Machiavellian world run without government oversight with many syndicates vying for total dominance of their local market place. With no one to question their intentions or actions, three mega corporations - Eurocorp, Cayman Global, and Aspari - are at the forefront of this brutal war for control of the pivotal American market.
In the world of Syndicate, everything is digitally connected, including the people. Players aren't limited to the weapons in their hands. Through DART 6 bio-chip technology implanted in their head, players can slow down time and breach the digital world around them to take down their foes using a variety of upgradable hacking mechanics.
Syndicate's blend of fast-paced, futuristic, action shooter settings and story combined with innovative chip breach gameplay instantly immerses players in a unique digital world.
Mafia II (PS3 Digital Download)
- Mafia 2 immerses players in the mob underworld of a fictitious late 1940â€˛s / early 1950â€˛s scenario. The game engages you in a cinematic Hollywood movie experience in a living, breathing city, fusing high octane gunplay with white knuckle driving and an engaging narrative.
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (PS3 Digital Download)
- Explore more of the hidden shadows of the Sith with this sequel to the hit game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Starkiller, Darth Vader's apprentice, returns with over-the-top Force powers and embarks on a journey to discover his own identity and to reunite with his one true love, Juno Eclipse.
In Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, Starkiller is once again the pawn of Darth Vader – but instead of training his protĂ©gĂ©e as a ruthless assassin, the dark lord is attempting to clone his former apprentice in an attempt to create the Ultimate Sith warrior. The chase is on – Starkiller is in pursuit of Juno and Darth Vader is hunting for Starkiller.
â€˘ Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm - Generations
â€˘ Shank 2
â€˘ Hungry Giraffe
â€˘ Touchdown Fever
PlayStation 2 Classics
Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers
- Full Spectrum Warrior is a squad-based real-time combat game allows players to experience the intensity and gritty realism of urban combat warfare.
The game is based on a real-time squad-based strategy game commissioned by the U.S. Army to train light Infantry troops in urban combat situations. Soldiers are placed in a tense, hostile, and claustrophobic environment where they must complete a variety of military objectives. Players act as the Squad Leader, providing direction to Alpha and Bravo fire teams.
The successful Squad Leader effectively uses cover in the environment and moves his fire teams in a coordinated fashion so they can protect themselves from possible attacks that could come from any direction. Full Spectrum Warrior puts you in the dirt with your men, where danger lurks around every corner.