June 20, 2011 // 8:52 pm
- Today PS2 homebrew developer jimmikaelkael
has released Free MC Boot (FMCB) Loader v1.8c and MC2USB Adapter Tools while confirming that the PS3 Memory Card Adaptor (CECHZM1)
now allows for Free MC Boot installations via PC.
Download: Free MC Boot (FMCB) Loader v1.8c & MC2USB Adapter Tools
/ Free MC Boot (FMCB) Loader v1.8c & MC2USB Adapter Tools (Full Repack)
/ PS3MCA Tool FMCB v1.8c (With BAT Files)
Additionally, he states that this new release is especially good for countries like Brasil, which imported their consoles from different Sony MagicGate regions.
- You can now install FMCB from a PC to MC with these MC-Adapters!
- You can sign MC-KELFs to your MCs directly from PC!
- You can make multi-region-installs!
- The FMCB1.8c-Loader finally includes the V0-Kernel-Fix for those old SCPH-1x000-Consoles (this gives users of those old models the ability to run a few homebrew-apps, which were previously incompatible to those versions)!
To quote: We recently found a new way to install FMCB with the PlayStation3 Memory Card Adaptor (CECHZM1) connected to your PC. Since this device is somewhat cheap, it could be a good alternate way for those who don't have access to an already hacked PS2.
The method consist of a command line software and using set of commands (or scripts) in order to install the FMBC hack properly. It also has the advantage to do a multi region/models installation.
One restriction is that the software doesn't work with Datel's MC (mainly related with setting a proper termination code for communications) and maybe with some other brands, however it was tested successfully with official 8MB Memory Cards and with some crappy Chinese clones too.
Currently the FMCB loader being installed is v1.8c which contain an important kernel fix for the 10K.
The util to allow to communicate and sign the file for the MC was made by me and "someone who wants to stay anonymous". Note that without this anonymous contributor it would have been impossible to achieve it.