- Following up on their previous
update, this weekend PlayStation 3 developer chocolateboy
has announced that PS3 Media Server 1.70.1 is officially released for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X!
Download: PS3 Media Server 1.70.1 (Windows)
/ PS3 Media Server 1.70.0 (Linux)
/ PS3 Media Server 1.70.1 (Mac)
/ Other PS3 Media Server Builds
PS3 Media Server 1.70.1 Changelog:
- Add new default web video engine: FFMpeg Web Video
- Add support for new web protocols: mmsh:// and mmst://
- Sort files alphanumerically by default e.g. Episode 2 before Episode 10
- Auto encoding detection of non UTF-8 external subtitles for Russian, Greek, Hebrew, Chinese, Korean and Japanese languages (leave "Subtitles codepage" option blank)
- Improved handling of UTF-8 external subtitles
- Localized #--TRANSCODE--# folder name
- PMS.conf: Added transcode_folder_name option to allow #--TRANSCODE--# folder name to be customized (issue GC963)
- Make example PMS.conf behave more like built-in defaults
- Restore maximum buffer size to 600 MB (was 400 MB)
- Prevented image distortion on some DLNA clients with "Keep AC-3 track" option enabled
- Don't show entries for disabled engines in #--TRANSCODE--# folder
- Allow Traces tab panel to auto-scroll (thanks, LordQuackstar!)
- Revert changes to SMP-N100.conf that conflict with Sony Blu-ray players and break MKV support (thanks, mrw1986)
- Replaced ImageMagick with Thumbnailator for thumbnail generation
- Fix FFmpeg engine's handling of unsupported custom options (thanks, ajamess)
- Fixed FFmpeg command line arguments used by tsMuxeR video
- Added new renderer: Yamaha RX-A1010 (thanks, merelin)
- Language updates: Updated Dutch translation (thanks, leroy), Updated Bulgarian translation (thanks, JORDITO), Fix DNLA 2114 errors when scanning non-readable subfolders with "hide empty folders" enabled
- Renderers: Deprecate misnamed TranscodeVideo profile MPEGAC3: use MPEGPSAC3 instead, Document and clean up TranscodeVideo and TranscodeAudio profiles, Linux tarball: fix "cannot find tsMuxeR" error
- MEncoder: disable AC-3 remux if audio track has delay, disable DTS and LPCM remuxing if tsMuxeR engine is unavailable
Lots of changes this time!
Version: The Windows and Mac OS X versions are 1.70.1 rather than 1.70.0 due to a packaging issue spotted during release. There is no functional difference between 1.70.0 and 1.70.1.
Issues with the sample PMS.conf file bundled with PMS 1.53.0 to 1.60.0:
Prior to this release, the sample PMS.conf bundled with PMS since 1.53.0 (June 2012) set values different to the built-in defaults. If you created a PMS.conf by copying one of these sample files to your profile directory, it should be removed and settings should be re-entered and saved in the GUI.
Changes to default settings:
Two default settings have been changed in this release: the default web video engine (FFmpeg Web Video) and the default file sort order (alphanumeric). As a result of these changes, you are advised to back up and remove your old PMS.conf and re-enter and save your settings (if any) in the GUI.
Alternatively (e.g. if you have a large number of customizations you wish to preserve), the new defaults can be enabled in PMS.conf by removing the following properties (if they exist):
[Register or Login to view code]