August 27, 2011 // 10:43 pm
- Following up on their previous updates
, today SubJunk
has announced that PS3 Media Server version 1.40.0 Beta 2 is released for Windows, Linux and OS X with the changes detailed below.
Download: PS3 Media Server for Windows 1.40.0 Beta 2
/ PS3 Media Server for Linux / Unix 1.40.0 Beta 2
/ PS3 Media Server for Mac OS X (Intel) 1.40.0 Beta 2
PS3 Media Server 1.40.0 Beta 2 Changelog:
- Built from SVN r813 (OSX version from r812).
- Released as beta because many code changes haven't been widely tested yet.
- People have been testing the SubJunk Build, but I have so many things in there right now that aren't in the official trunk so the testing doesn't apply to the trunk as much as it usually does.
- This will hopefully give us a more trustworthy idea.
- Updated OS X MPlayer to enable external VOBsub, ASS/SSA and Fribidi support
- Allow update checks to be performed manually (Windows only)
- Allow automatic update checks to be enabled (Windows only)
- Simplify PMS customization for packagers of custom builds
- Logging fix for headless configurations
- Added experimental support for iPad / iPhone
- Fixed DVD ISO playback on OS X (thanks, jjmojojjmojo!)
- Added support for the AirPlayer app
- Added support for Samsung TV model SEC_HHP_TV (thanks, coax-!)
- Added Aperture support on OS X (thanks, coax-!)
- Added thumbnail support for images (some code from http://www.rayinblu.com/ps3mediaserver)
- The cache is now reset after each up- or downgrade (for versions higher than 1.40.0)
- Files with the extension *.vdr are now being recognized as MPG videos
For 1.23.0 and above:
- Just uninstall the older version and install newer one
For versions prior to 1.23.0:
- To retain your old settings you may have to copy your old config file/s to a new directory.
- To find out where the new directory is on your computer, run the program and go to the Traces tab and look on the 14th line, the line that says "Profile directory:", that is the folder your config files should be saved now.
- If you use the "media library / cache" option you should reset it.