June 29, 2010 // 1:01 am
- With today's PS3 Firmware 3.40 Update
came some documented features
from Sony as well as some things not so noticable, including limitations on the PlayStation 3 Video Edit and Uploader application and some hidden PS3 system software update features.
According to Examiner.com (linked above), with Sony's PS3 Video Editor & Uploader you can't edit or upload content added to the system prior to the 3.40 Firmware update, you can't use copyrighted videos, and the application (which requires 44MB of PS3 HDD space) places a time limit of ten minutes on each video that is edited.
Moving on to the PS3 Firmware 3.40 hidden features, Jes03
the following, to quote:
"One feature not said about is the new photo albums. You can upload/download to Facebook and even view Facebook albums on the PS3."
Forum user chrykel
's recent PS3 Exploit Loader
has been plugged, however, f455tty reports
that it is still working so we are awaiting further feedback on it.
Other PlayStation 3 Firmware 3.40 hidden features include the following courtesy of IronStarMovement.com
, and Gamerzines.com
(in no particular order):
• Under 'Accessory Settings' there is now an option to calibrate the PlayStation Move sensors dubbed 'Calibrate Motion Controller' present.
• Under 'Display Settings' an option for Deep Color Output (HDMI) is now available for TV sets that support the feature.
â€˘ The PSN Store A-Z section now contains section categories including add-Ons, demos, PSP games, etc.
• Those who subscribe to PlayStation Plus (PSN+) appear on Friends Lists with a gold 'plus' icon on gamercards and next to the mini avatars.
• Under 'Friends' the PS3 Trophies
are now integrated with gamercards, and will display the PS3 Trophy levels next to your PlayStation Network ID box when users hover over them. Trophies earned in the trial games are saved on your XMB Trophy Collection but not on your Online ID so only you can view them.
• Friends box colors now fade in, versus changing from grey directly.
• Under 'Friends List' if you select a Friend followed by 'Message List' the PSN ID icon card now shows up in the upper right corner.
• Although unconfirmed as a 3.40 feature, you can Trim the edges of photos while keeping the original copy prior to Editing.
• PlayStation Plus items including 'Automatic Download' now appear in the System Settings menu, allowing users to set a period of two hours to allow PS3 patches and updates to be downloaded.
• Date/Time bug that plagued
older 'fat' PlayStation 3 consoles was rectified so it won't resurface again in four years.
If anyone discovers other hidden features in the PS3 3.40 update not listed above feel free to reply below and we will add them to the list.