- Update #3
: PS3 Firmware 3.15 is now a mandatory update, as confirmed
: Despite Sony previously stating otherwise, Examiner.com
reports that the Data Transfer Utility for the PlayStation 3 can
transfer copy-protected saves from one PS3 system to another, to quote: "Even saved data that is copy-protected can be transferred (moved)."
: We have now added a PSP Mini Compatibility List for PS3
which will be updated periodically.
As previously reported
, Sony has now updated to PS3 Firmware version 3.15. Remember, as stated by Sony, this is currently not a mandatory update.
It includes a fix for DualShock 3 pairing issues
, the ability to transfer data between to PS3s via an ethernet cable and the ability to play PSP Minis on the PS3.
Download: PS3 Firmware 3.15 (US)
/ PS3 Firmware 3.15 (EU)
PS3 Firmware 3.15 Update Changelog:
â€¢ Bluetooth sync issues fixed
â€¢ Trophy syncing issue resolved
â€¢ PSP Minis now playable on the PS3 (starting December 17th all PSP minis will be playable on the PS3, for now you must go to your download list and re-download any previously purchased PSP minis for them to function on the PS3)
â€¢ LAN Data Transfer Utility
For those who missed it, the PS3 Data Transfer guide is below:
This feature enables you to easily transfer all of your saved data from one PS3 to another. So if you decide to get a new PS3 you can make sure you don't loose any of your existing content.
Content such as games, game save data, and videos downloaded from PlayStation Network can be transferred to the new PS3 system and deleted from the current PS3. Other content, including personal media files (photos, music, videos), can be copied onto the new PS3 and remain on the current PS3 system.
The process is really simple:
1. Turn both the current PS3 (A) and new PS3 (B) on and connect them with a LAN cable; PS3 (A) should be connected to the TV
2. On the XMB of PS3 (A), scroll to the Settings menu and select [System Settings] and then [Data Transfer Utility]
3. Follow the instructions on-screen and transfer data
4. After transferring the data, follow the instructions on-screen, and then connect PS3 (B) to the TV to view the XMB
5. If content that was downloaded from PlayStation Store was transferred as part of this operation, you must activate PS3 (B) before you can use the data. Log in to the PS3 system as the user who owns the content, and then select (PlayStation Network) - (Account Management) - (System Activation) to activate the system.