December 24, 2009 // 11:19 pm - A few weeks ago Ifcaro released Open PS2 Loader v0.5 for PS3, and now the homebrew application for PS3 has been updated to Open PS2 Loader v0.6 complete with source code!

For those unaware, this utility allows for loading PS2 iSO images on PlayStation 3 consoles with PS2 support... meaning it must be a non-Slim PlayStation 3 model with (4) USB ports.

Download: Open PS2 Loader v0.6 for PS3 / Open PS2 Loader v0.6 Source Code

PS3 Open PS2 Loader Changelog v0.6:

• Switched to whole new IOP core
• Changed some compatibility modes effect
• Added compatibility for DVD9 layer1
• Improved overall speed for both SMB/USB
• Support for more embedded NAS devices
• Support for multiple partitions

Open PS2 Loader v0.6 for PS3 with Source Code is Now Available

#55 - PS4 News - May 12, 2010 // 6:12 am
Version 0.7 is now released so I'm closing this thread.. please continue discussion there guys!

#54 - crazelunatic - April 16, 2010 // 1:09 pm
crazelunatic's Avatar
yes a lan party is what i mean or like uve said via usb. the thing is i don't feel like connecting my ps2 ide hdd using hdadvance file system 3.0 to my pc. i'd figure if you can have the ps3 and ps2 on at the same time and get the ps3 to load games off the internal it would save me the headache of redumping all my games/reconverting using fat 32 etc etc + last time i tried to connect my ps2 hdd to my pc, it would ask me to initialize which wiped out all my games. I guess i should have it open when connecting to the pc?

#53 - bootlegninja - April 14, 2010 // 2:31 pm
bootlegninja's Avatar
What are you getting at? Like a LAN party game? It won't happen via SMB Loading since the network is already in use for the game loader. It's possible to do that between the PS3 and PS2 via USB loading (or USB loading on ps3 with either USB or internal IDE loading on the PS2)

if you are talking about loading a game from the other system, I have grave doubts about that.

#52 - crazelunatic - April 14, 2010 // 11:56 am
crazelunatic's Avatar
So if I run OPL from the ps3 side and ps2 side and maybe connect them with a crossover cable, I can play games?

#51 - bootlegninja - April 12, 2010 // 12:03 am
bootlegninja's Avatar
External media such as USB needs to be in FAT32 as it conforms directly to the USB Extreme/Advance format. Internal IDE (used for PS2's only,) use the PFS file system used by HD Loader/Advance. Now SMB uses the same installers the USB does, but it uses NFS essentially, so you can have your remote computer NTFS, EXT2/3, etc.

As long as the networking conforms to SMB/Windows File Sharing format, virtually any file system will work on your remote CPU/NAS.

#50 - crazelunatic - April 10, 2010 // 6:46 pm
crazelunatic's Avatar
I've got a crazy question for some of the posters here who understand how this works and got connections with some of the programmers who make these custom progs...

Would it ever be possible to link up a ps2 to a ps3 via USB and run games off an internal ps2 hdd formatted with hd advance 3.0?

Does it absolutely have to be formatted in fat32 and how would i be able to transfer my games with a hd advance 3.0 formatted ps2 hdd to a fat32 formatted hdd?

#49 - infernoassassin - April 10, 2010 // 8:12 am
infernoassassin's Avatar
oh no, i have ps3 new phat with 320 GB hdd.. so for this one is not compatible ps2 format.

#48 - aries2k6 - April 9, 2010 // 2:52 pm
aries2k6's Avatar
Hmm, I'm not sure whats going on but you can make the new folder on your PC, put on the usb and then use ulaunch.elf to copy over the whole directory to the mc.

have you tried making a new mc? could be the vmc got corrupted some how.

#47 - Brother of Kain - April 5, 2010 // 7:34 pm
Brother of Kain's Avatar
Hey Gang,

Got my swap magic in today, R1+Up works no problem, copying the file, no problem

got into mc0:/

can't create a new directory

it says "NewDir Failed"

anyone have an answer for me?

#46 - korn16ftl3 - April 4, 2010 // 4:23 am
korn16ftl3's Avatar
i've got a backwards compatable 80GB PS3, is this known to work with an 80GB ?