May 12, 2013 // 5:06 pm
- Sony Senior Social Media Specialist Rey Gutierrez
is here with the new PS3, PS Vita and PSN releases for the upcoming week today, as follows:
It is the year 2034. Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside - and within.
Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above. But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6.
A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever. As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival - the last light in our darkest hour in Metro: Last Light on PSN and PS3 Blu-ray. Enjoy this week's The Drop.
Metro: Last Light (Also on PS3 Blu-ray)
- The sequel to 2010's critically acclaimed cult classic Metro 2033. Experience thrilling combat with an exotic arsenal of hand-made weaponry against deadly foes - both human and mutant - and use stealth to launch attacks under the cover of darkness.
Explore the post-apocalyptic world of the Moscow Metro, one of the most immersive, atmospheric game worlds ever created. Fight for every bullet and every last breath in a claustrophobic blend of survival horror and FPS gameplay. Next generation technology boasting stunning lighting and physics sets a new graphical benchmark on both console and PC
Dust 514 (PSN Exclusive)
- Dust 514 is a free-to-play first-person shooter that's being incorporated into the EVE universe, acting essentially an action MMO for consoles. The game offers a mix of first-person shooting and real-time strategy gameplay where you play as a marine with a rifle running around on the ground.
It's not only set in the EVE universe, it's actually connected to EVE. The Dust battlefields will determine who controls territory within EVE's world. The EVE Online players will have to contract players of Dust to go in and destabilize territory.
Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery (PSN Exclusive / PS Vita)
- Jacob isn't one to mix with other kids, he prefers the great outdoors and the company of his parents, so spending his summer with a load of weird kids at Summer Camp isn't exactly his idea of fun, However, when he stumbles upon the mysterious Bigfoot, his summer takes on a whole new twist.
Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery is an episodic adventure brimming with weird and wonderful characters and a host of brain teasing puzzles.
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
- Aden and Sonja, two lifelong friends, live a tranquil life on Fenith Island until they're struck by a mysterious curse: they awaken to find both of their souls are now trapped in the same body!
On top of this unusual calamity, the Fenith they knew is gone, replaced by a strange island populated with unfamiliar faces. Only by exploring this new world will they be able to solve the mystery of this curse and save their beloved Island.
During the course of their journey, Aden and Sonja will be aided by a colorful cast of characters, as well as take command of the towering golem Ymir. Using their newfound giant friend, they'll cross vast seas, discover hidden islands and dungeons packed with riches, and battle fearsome monsters of the deep!
Star Wars Pinball (PS3/PS Vita)
- Star Wars Pinball is a collection of tables developed with authentic Star Wars moments. Each table features a different iconic moment from the Star Wars universe, with interactive 3D characters, and unique gameplay.
Adding even more features to the Star Wars Pinball experience, this stand-alone version allows you to choose to support the Galactic Empire or the Rebel Alliance with your high scores as the Star Wars Pinball community fights for the Balance of the Force!
An experience point progression system lets players move up the ranks based on Galactic Empire or Rebel Alliance support. Star Wars Pinball contains the first three tables - Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars - and additional tables can be purchased and added in as they are released.
For those who already own the Star Wars Pinball add-on set for Zen Pinball 2, you can re-download the stand-alone version at no extra cost and enjoy these exciting new features that will have you flipping that steel ball for the fate of the galaxy!
Tiny Token Empires
- Tiny Token Empire is an turn-based strategy game. The player plays one of the five major ancient empires: Rome, Greece, Egypt, Persia, or Carthage. By developing cities and armies, and annexing new territories, the player gradually expands his power over the world!
But Tiny Token Empires is also a "casual" strategy game that doesn't take itself too seriously. It contains a crazy comical universe: goofball gods, super cute mythological monsters, clown legionnaires, and much more.
• Resident Evil Revelations
• Star Wars Pinball
• Tiny Token Empires
PlayStation 2 Classic
- A violent action game from Rockstar, Manhunt is the story of James Earl Cash, a man previously thought dead who wakes up in a town filled with deadly gangs. Guided only by the whispers of a man named "The Director" through his earpiece, Cash must find whatever he can to survive the night.
Players must make strategic choices as to which weapons to use, ranging from silent and stealthy to loud and destructive. Everyday items may be the key to your survival, as plastic bags become instruments of strangulation, and shards of glass your defensive weapons. Escape the nightmare that is Carcer City and maybe you'll learn the identity of the mysterious "Director".