June 2, 2013 // 10:00 pm
- Sony Senior Social Media Specialist Rey Gutierrez
is here with the new PS3 and PSN releases for the upcoming week today, as follows:
New for PlayStation 3, discover Neo-Paris 2084, where augmented reality and memory digitization have taken control of people's lives.
Play as Nilin, an elite memory hunter with a clouded past - Become the most wanted memory hunter in Neo-Paris and experience the power to break into people's minds to steal their memories.
Memory Remix is a new gameplay mechanic allowing players to use Nilin's powers and alter parts of people's memories in real-time gameplay.
A balanced mix of combat and exploration - Fight your way through the different environments Neo-Paris has to offer, using Nilin's proficiency in martial arts, as both hunter and prey! Enjoy this week The Drop!
- Neo-Paris, 2084: Personal memories can now be digitized, bought, sold and traded. The last remnants of privacy and intimacy have been swept away in what appears to be a logical progression of the explosive growth of social networks at the beginning of the 21st century.
The citizens themselves have accepted this surveillance society in exchange for the comfort only smart technology can provide. This memory economy gives immense power over society to just a handful of people.
A visionary 3rd person action adventure, Remember Me puts players into the role of Nilin, a former elite memory hunter with the ability to break into people's minds and steal or even alter their memories.
The authorities, fearful of her knowledge and capabilities have arrested Nilin and wiped her memory clean. After her escape from prison, Nilin sets out on a mission to recover her identity, helped by her last and only friend. This search for her past leads to her being hunted by the very people that created this surveillance society.
Limbo (For PS Vita)
- Limbo is a black and white puzzle-platforming adventure that puts players in the role of a young boy traveling through a hostile world in an attempt to discover the fate of his sister.
Limbo challenges players with traversing dark forests, trap-filled underground complexes, and stormy rooftops brought to life with hand-drawn visuals. They must be quick, clever, and fearless if they want to survive their journey and unravel the mysteries at Limbo's sinister heart.
Quell Memento (For PS Vita)
- In Quell Memento, players solve block-based puzzles to make their way through a story in which they're helping the narrator, an elderly man, remember his life. It is Fallen Tree's follow-up to titles Quell (2010) and Quell Reflect (2011).
Earth Defence Force: Insect Armageddon
- Insect Armageddon continues to follow the rich history of casual fun and addictive gameplay that made the franchise a cult classic. The game also adds a new aspect to the Earth Defense Force series that was born in Japan, with additional elements for all EDF soldiers to experience.
The Campaign mode that lets up to three players team up online to battle the insects and aliens across a completely destroyable city. Every EDF soldier is armed with over 150 weapons and four upgradeable armor sets and engages in nonstop arcade action that is the fastest and deadliest in the series.
In addition, the game also features a six-player Survival mode that pits a human squad against a nonstop onslaught of the largest enemies the aliens have to offer.
Class of Heroes 2 (For PSP)
- Class of Heroes II will please fans of dungeon crawlers with over 140 challenging quests, 100+ dungeon maps, crazy monster hordes, branching storylines and endings, as well as hundreds of equipment and skill combinations for beefing up soon-to-be hero students.
The refined J-RPG will feature numerous hours of strategic gameplay making Class of Heroes II a deep experience with plenty of replay value.
â€¢ Limbo (For PS Vita)
PlayStation 2 Classic
Alfa Romeo Racing: Italiano
- An officially-licensed Alfa Romeo racing game based on the prestigious Italian car manufacturer's series. You've been given a finely tuned car which has been prepared by some of Italy's finest mechanics and you know it is fast enough to win. But do you have the skills?
In Racing Italiano winning comes down to how tuned you are! Put your skills to the test across a wide variety of racetracks from the hills of Tuscany to the streets of Milan, from the forever-challenging Laguna Seca to the incredibly fast Hockenheim circuit.
Racing Italiano features unique RPG elements and character customization as well as exclusive features such as the TIGER Effect, which gives you the ability to reverse time in the race.
Ultimate Board Game Collection - Valcon Games and Jack of all Trades present the Ultimate Board Game Collection for the PS2.
This collection includes 20 different classic board games for players to either challenge the computer to or play with several other friends to see who is the best board game player in the group. The Ultimate Board Game Collection is made up of classic board and table games that gamers have enjoyed for years.
Parcheesi, Naval Battle, Chinese Checkers, and more will keep entire families entertained for hours, and best of all, there are no little pieces or dice to lose. Many of the games, like Naval Battle, include animated sequences in which pieces move or, in this case, ships sink.
Parents are often concerned about video games full of violence, but they can rest assured that the Ultimate Board Game Collection is full of good, clean family fun that everyone will enjoy.
Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season
(Releases on Blu-ray & DVD): Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul return in their Emmy-winning roles of Walter White and Jesse Pinkman in the fifth explosive season of Breaking Bad. With Gus Fring dead, Walt's transformation from a well-meaning family man to ruthless drug kingpin is nearly complete.
Forming a partnership with Jesse and Mike (Jonathan Banks), Walt proceeds to make a killing in the meth business until the fruits of his murderous schemes are threatened by a new development in the investigation led by his relentless brother-in-law Hank (Dean Norris). Executive produced by Vince Gilligan and Mark Johnson, the fifth season charts the murderous rise of Walter White as he reaches new highs...and new lows.