June 10, 2013 // 4:25 am
- Sony Senior Social Media Specialist Rey Gutierrez
is here with this weeks new PS3, PS Vita and PSN releases below, as follows:
Survive an apocalypse on Earth in The Last of Us, a PlayStation 3-exclusive title by Naughty Dog. Here, you will find abandoned cities reclaimed by nature. Here is a population decimated by a modern plague. Here, there are only survivors killing each other for food, weapons, or whatever they can get their hands on. Here, you find no hope.
Joel, a brutal survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together if they hope to survive their journey across the US.
Enjoy this week The Drop!
The Last of Us (Available June 14th, 2013)
- The Last of Us is a third-person Survival-Action game that utilizes choices in gameplay action to develop the game storyline, as well as the relationship between the two main characters, Joel and Ellie.
The game features a combination of combat, exploration, stealth and platforming game mechanics. Although Joel and Ellie are both residents of a post-apocalyptic world, they have had different experiences that affect the way they see the world around them, and feel about what they see and do. Joel had a life before the pandemic, while the world of the pandemic is all that Ellie has ever known.
As part of Joel's job to smuggle Ellie out of the quarantine zone, players have to make choices in how they deal with enemies, which include, roving gangs of human scavengers not unlike themselves, military elements and infected civilians. Player also have opportunity to together interact with elements of the world around them, which helps to build the bond between Joel and Ellie.
Resources in the game are scarce, making overwhelming use of firepower unlikely and unwise in conflicts, and resource gathering missions. In addition, most other residents of the ruined world that are encountered are just trying to survive - blurring the line between good guys and bad guys.
Finally, game AI react differently depending on the specifics of the player's actions, making choice in gameplay a major consideration.
Flying Hamster HD (For PS Vita)
- Take control of Newton, the flying hamster in this action-frenzy horizontal shooter. You will fly across six unique environments, from the sunflower fields to the big Japanese city or the crazy ancient Egypt.
Eight freaky weapons are scattered among the levels, and you'll need them all to take on the more than 35 different enemies (sneaky penguins, anti-air cows, exploding foxes, ninja squirrels, toaster-robots... as well as the six dreadful and unpredictable bosses.
Aliens: Colonial Marines
- In Aliens: Colonial Marines, players are part of a United States Colonial Marine squad and must prepare to face an Aliens assault more intense and horrific than ever before. Players must destroy the enemy with classic Aliens weaponry ranging from pulse rifles to flamethrowers as well as brand-new equipment.
Aliens: Colonial Marines features a story driven single-player mode and a four player co-op mode allowing players to share the chilling experience with three friends. In co-op mode, each player assumes the persona of a United States Colonial Marine and have a distinct role to play in the completion of every mission.
Final Fantasy XIII-2
- A wish to protect the world. A promise to challenge destiny. After thirteen days of fates intertwined, the battle begins...
Set several years after Lightning and the others saved Cocoon, some survivors have decided to start over by rebuilding on Gran Pulse. Lightning, however, is nowhere to be found and thought dead by many, but Serah believes otherwise. When her town is suddenly overrun by monsters, a mysterious man named Noel appears to save her. Together, the two set off to find Lightning...
â€¢ Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F
PlayStation 2 Classic
Contra: Shattered Soldier
- All of the legendary action and adrenaline of the famed Contra series explodes in a new dimension with Contra: Shattered Soldier.
Fans of the series will feel right at home with the game's signature frenzied, side-scrolling 2D gameplay, while newcomers to the series will be awed by the game's ultra-detailed 3D visuals and wide assortment of enemies - human, alien and mechanized.
Massive, screen-filling boss characters, a Contra series staple, do everything they can to keep players from proceeding through the multiple action-packed missions, while environmental threats such as swarms of bugs, aggressive enemies and alien encounters keep players on their toes. When the action gets too intense; players can always opt to take on the enemy with a friend in the cooperative 2-player simultaneous mode.
Pirates: Legend of the Black Buccaneer
- Join Francis Blade as he struggles to make the best of his ill-fated journey. Start shipwrecked on a mysterious island with only basic abilities. After finding the medallion that allows Francis to summon the powerful spirit of the Black Buccaneer things begin to change.