July 15, 2012 // 10:45 pm
- Sony Senior Social Media Specialist Rey Gutierrez
is here with details on the new PS3 and PSN releases for the upcoming week today, as follows:
On PSN this week, experience a transcendental sensory overload in Dyad. Race through a reactive audio-visual tube creating a harmonious synthesis of colour and sound as you hook, graze, and lance enemies to master Dyad's 27 unique levels.
Embark on a mind-altering interactive journey through Dyad's Game Mode in order to prepare yourself for Trophy Mode's tactical freakout variations wherein a Platinum Trophy awaits only the most skillful.
Or choose to sit back and chill with Dyad's hallucinogenic Remix Mode on this week's The Drop.
- Dyad is an abstract racing/shooter/puzzle hybrid where players move forward by manipulating other vessels on the track. Dyad also explores the mind state of the player – the game is designed to create a strong sense of flow, upon which it offers different contemplative approaches.
The topics of contemplation, called Mantras, create a thought-based metagame on top of the audio-visual gameplay. An independently-developed project created by Shawn McGrath, Dyad is made for play on PlayStation 3 consoles.
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
- Arm yourself against the horrors of the city in this sequel to the gun shooting game Umbrella Chronicles. Darkside Chronicles takes place in Resident Evil 2â€²s Racoon City.
It's September 29, 1998, and the city has turned to hell due to the effects of the T-virus. Players take control of Claire Redfield and Leon S. Kennedy to deal with the undead. Only this time, the enemy is not the Umbrella Corporation... instead, players venture into the unexplored areas of the Resident Evil story, along with the darker passages of the characters' histories.
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
- Umbrella Chronicles takes place from the first person as your characters move through a fully 3D mansion. This action/shooter hybrid reveals the back story behind the fall of the Umbrella Corporation by exploring locations from past Resident Evil 0, 1, 2 and 3 as well as new never-before-seen locations, such as Umbrella's stronghold.
Record of Agarest War 2
- Following up in a series by acclaimed Japanese role-playing game designers RED and Idea Factory, Record of Agarest War 2 features all-new strategy RPG gameplay, HD graphics, and bonus mini-games! The Limited Edition release enhances the experience with a unique set of items for franchise fans.
One day, the world was enveloped by a mysterious blinding light. The destruction it caused was terrible, even as the light itself was sublime in its beauty, and it made those who witnessed the awesome display think of the unrestrained rage and fury of the divine.
The central continent, from where the light is believed to have originated from, went silent, while at the same time demons began to spread throughout the world like a plague. Amongst the survivors of the catastrophe, that fateful day became known as the "Day of Light."