February 10, 2013 // 9:57 pm
- Sony Senior Social Media Specialist Rey Gutierrez
is here with the new PS3, PS Vita and PSN Releases for the week of February 11, 2013.
Below are the details, to quote: Aliens: Colonial Marines is a First-Person Shooter set in the Alien movie franchise universe in which the player takes on the role of a member of a squad of colonial marines sent to the planet LV-426.
The game is designed as a true sequel to the 1986 movie, Aliens, done in video game format, and features iconic locations, weapons and alien varieties from Aliens and other movies in the series. Additional features include: four-player co-op functionality, a new alien type, and customizable weapons.
Created by Gearbox Software, the critically acclaimed and fan-favorite developers of Borderlands and Brothers In Arms, this first-person shooter is steeped in the eerie, claustrophobic and terrifying atmosphere that made the Aliens films successful worldwide. You and your friends will become the most badass military outfit in the galaxy - the US Colonial Marines. It's down to you to not just survive, but wipe out the Xeno infestation.
Aliens: Colonial Marines
In Aliens: Colonial Marines, players are part of a United States Colonial Marine squad and must prepare to face an Aliens assault more intense and horrific than ever before. Players must destroy the enemy with classic Aliens weaponry ranging from pulse rifles to flamethrowers as well as brand-new equipment.
Aliens: Colonial Marines features a story driven single-player mode and a four player co-op mode allowing players to share the chilling experience with three friends. In co-op mode, each player assumes the persona of a United States Colonial Marine and have a distinct role to play in the completion of every mission.
Ecolibrium (PS Vita Exclusive)
- Ecolibrium is part of the PlayStation Vita "Discovery Apps" initiative, bringing PlayStation gamers unique interactive experiences that mix gameplay with life experiences such as social networking, geo-roaming and other digitally-aided experiences made possible with PlayStation Vita.
Bring harmony to a virtual ecosystem in the PS Vita gaming app Ecolibrium. Create a balanced ecosystem by choosing different combinations of species, plants and artefacts. Acquire, collect and trade new plants and animals with other PS Vita owners.
Collect new creatures using the GPS feature of the PS Vita 3G model and show them off to your friends on Facebook. Release unwanted creatures into the wild for other players to pick up using "near". Unlock new content by completing challenges.
Persona 4 Arena - Developed in partnership with genre master Arc System Works, Persona 4 Arena uses hand-drawn, high definition 2D anime-style fighters and colorful, over-the-top special effects to bring to life characters from the acclaimed, highly popular Persona 3 and Persona 4.
Backed up by an original, hardcore fighting engine from one of the most respected 2D fighting game developers in the industry, Persona 4 Arena represents the biggest, most noteworthy expansion of the esteemed series to date.
Alien Breed (PS Vita Cross Buy)
- Alien Breed is fondly remembered by its fans, especially in the UK where the Special Edition stayed in the "All Formats" charts for over a year. We were really proud of the 2009 version of the game, but a remake of the original game turned out to be a much better fit for the platforms it was appearing on.
The first new feature is the most obvious: the game has had a full HD graphical overhaul, with the original graphics being an optional toggle. Two things that made a direct remake a frustrating experience were that the player could find themselves getting lost easily and could also run out of ammunition and door keys. To remedy this we added a toggle-able map screen and a persistent shop, to allow player to replenish supplies whenever necessary.
- Using the PlayStation Move motion controller and PlayStation Eye camera to track and score moves, players can test their dancing skills with three difficulty levels, each featuring unique routines for every track produced by world-renowned choreographers.
Everybody Dance allows players to hit the floor solo style, team up with a second player for a cooperative Partner Routine, challenge a friend to a competitive Dance Battle, or use the Party Play mode where up to 20 players can go head-to-head for the ultimate dance-off.
Players can also use Everybody Dance's Dance Class feature to improve their skills through detailed routine breakdowns and then take their game to the next level by developing original choreography using the Dance Creator feature.
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (PS Vita)
- Step into the clawed feet of badass rebel Hardboiled Chicken, the original Coq of War who sets out on a mission to assassinate the totalitarian penguin leader and take down the evil regime that has taken over Albatropolis.
Destroy enemies with a slew of weapons and bear the yolk of Hardboiled's past as his missions unlock the secrets to his mysterious past and illuminate the truth behind the penguin government. Master fowl play in the co-op campaign as a pair of Budgie commandos on a mission to save the general's daughter. Many lives will be destroyed, countless penguins will die!
YU-GI-OH! 5D's Decade Duels Plus
- Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels Plus is based on the popular Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's animated TV series. Decade Duels Plus includes the latest cards from the official Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Trading Card Game.
Complete against the most popular Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's characters during the finals Battle through Single player or compete in 4 player tag duels.
â€¢ Big Sky: Infinity
â€¢ Dynasty Warriors
â€¢ Page Chronica
â€¢ YU-GI-OH! 5D's Decade Duels Plus
PlayStation 2 Classic
Rebel Raiders: Operation Nighthawk
- Take part in one of the most gigantic air conflicts in History. Rebel Raiders: Operation Nighthawk is taking place in a distant future, in a time when the solar system has been conquered by the human beings.
All states have come together to create the World Nations Union. But through the centuries, this government became more and more inhuman and tyrannical.
A small group made of a few brave nations has decided to take its independence. This important event has involved the most devastating conflict the World has ever lived. Pursue your enemies among flying fortresses and force the evil United World Nation back to its mother base. This is your glory hour. Don't miss it!
Twisted Metal: Black
- They say the mind bends and twists to deal with the horrors of life, but sometimes the mind bends so much that it snaps in two... And so begins the next chapter in car combat:Twisted Metal: Black. Designed and developed by the makers of the original two PSOne games in the series,Twisted Metal: Black sends gamers on a deranged journey through a world rife with horror and desolation.
Once underway, players will experience nine vicious battlegrounds with interactive environments and dynamic weather, 14 diabolically destructive vehicles, more than 20 deathmatch maps for four-person multiplayer action, and an improved physics engine that boasts more exaggerated powerslides and more responsive turn rates.
- It is the year 2010; desecration and madness have spread across the cities like a plague. You are the fastest and toughest car commando alive, and your task is to choose from more than a dozen hi-tech, battle-hardened street machines like taxi cabs, police cars, motorcycles, and ice cream trucks and compete in contests of brute force and MAD MAX-style survival.
Try to find the time to enjoy the stunning, fully interactive 3D scenery as you careen from building to building and street to street in an attempt to evade your evil pursuers and emerge victorious.