August 5, 2013 // 5:29 pm
- Sony Senior Social Media Specialist Rey Gutierrez
is here with the new PS3 and PSN releases for the upcoming week today, as follows:
Brandish your blade, dust off your grimoire, and rally your online adventuring party. Dragon's Crown thrusts you into a fantastical medieval world packed with labyrinthine dungeons to explore, vile monstrosities to smite, and nearly endless online adventure.
Your mission is to dive into the dank underworld, uncovering treasure and strengthening your mettle as you unlock the secret behind the ancient dragon threatening the world. Enjoy this week's The Drop!
Dragon's Crown (Also on Blu-ray / PS Vita Game Card
) - Dragon's Crown thrusts you into a fantastical medieval world packed with labyrinthine dungeons to explore, vile monstrosities to smite, and nearly endless online adventure.
Your mission is to dive into the dank underworld, uncovering treasure and strengthening your mettle as you unlock the secret behind the ancient dragon threatening the world. Simple, easy-to-learn controls allow anyone to dive into the fray and enjoy the breathtaking sword-and-sorcery action.
In addition to long-lasting gameplay, the game also features a vast array of character customization features - with six wildly different classes to play as, raiding the catacombs for epic loot remains fresh and engaging.
Although intrepid adventurers can certainly enjoy Dragon's Crown on their own, the real excitement begins when four players team up online for a four-player cooperative mission.
And don't expect the portable Dragon's Crown to be scaled back in any way: The game will offer the same fluid hand-drawn animation, blazing special effects, and haunting soundtrack on both PS3TM and the new PS Vita, with some special interoperability features between the two versions to be revealed at a later date.
Ibb and Obb
- Ibb and Obb is a two-player game. You have to work together to find your way through the non-newtonian world. Gravity isn't what it used to be. In the bottom half of the world gravity is reversed, enabling ibb and obb to walk on both sides of the floor.
You can move from one half to the other through warps in the floor. The layout of the level creates all kinds of puzzles which you'll only solve if you work together. Collect the diamonds on your way through the world and earn more if you play fast and work like a team.
Superfrog HD (Cross Buy / Cross Play)
- Superfrog HD is a 2D amphibian platformer that is an HD remake of Team17â€˛s classic Superfrog, which was released in 1993 on the Amiga. It will feature all-new graphics and will be appearing on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.
Tales of Xillia
- Tales of Xillia follows Jude Mathis, a clever medical student attending school in the capital city, and Milla Maxwell, a mysterious woman accompanied by four unseen beings.
Players will be able to choose either Milla or Jude at the outset of their adventure through the world of Rieze Maxia, where humans and spirits live together in harmony. The kingdom of Rashugal has been experimenting with a powerful device that has been draining the mana from the world.
Realizing the harm it is inflicting on the world, Milla and Jude set off on a journey to destroy it and restore the mana back to the world. Over the course of the game their lives will intersect with a vast ensemble of characters that will teach them the strength of unwavering conviction.
Players will engage enemies with the critically acclaimed Linear Motion Battle System that the Tales of series is famous for. The system allows for real-time movement and attacks, giving the player a more tactile role in the midst of fights.
The battle system in Tales of Xillia has been upgraded to Double Raid Linear Motion Battle System to let two characters combine their attacks to utilize devastating dual-character attack, letting fans strategize the best party setup for their style of play.
• Doodle God
• IBB and OBB
PlayStation 2 Classics
The Red Star
- The setting is 1939. The European continent is plunged into war. The globe is carved into 50 naval districts. Players must take command of Naval forces from the United States, Japan, Great Britain, or Germany.
The objective is to seize control of as many districts as possible, and defend against enemy aggression. From the North Sea to Midway to Okinawa- every conquest is one step closer to victory!