April 7, 2013 // 6:47 pm
- Sony Senior Social Media Specialist Rey Gutierrez
is here with the new Sony PS3, PS Vita and PSN releases for the upcoming week today, as follows:
Cross-Buy Guacamelee! for PS3 and PS Vita on PSN this week. Guacamelee! draws its inspiration from traditional Mexican culture and folklore, and features many interesting and unique characters.
The game also blurs the boundaries between combat and platforming by making many of the moves useful and necessary for both of these.
The game features a down on his luck Mexican named Juan Aguacate, who sets out to save the world when El Presidente's Daughter is kidnapped by an Evil Charro Skeleton.
The story takes place in and around a small village in Mexico, and has the player travelling between parallel dimensions on his quest to rescue the girl he loves. Enjoy this week's The Drop.
Guacamelee! (Cross-Buy PS3/PS Vita)
- Guacamelee is a Metroidvania style game with a light world/dark world component where you play as a luchador. The game can be played entirely cooperatively with the first player controlling Juan and the second playing a woman known as Tostada.
The combat consists of melee attacks, as the name suggests, such as punches, grapples and throws. There are also other moves you learn to help traverse the environment such as uppercuts, ground pounds and turning into a chicken. The switching between the light and dark worlds is done on the fly and is used in both combat and traversal.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown will place you in control of a secret paramilitary organization called XCOM. As the XCOM commander, you will defend against a terrifying global alien invasion by managing resources, advancing technologies, and overseeing combat strategies and individual unit tactics.
The original X-COM is widely regarded as one of the best games ever made and has now been re-imagined by the strategy experts at Firaxis Games. XCOM: Enemy Unknown will expand on that legacy with an entirely new invasion story, enemies and technologies to fight aliens and defend Earth.
You will control the fate of the human race through researching alien technologies, creating and managing a fully operational base, planning combat missions and controlling soldier movement in battle.
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X
- Set in conceived version of the future inspired by the best-selling Tom Clancy videogame franchises, this flight combat action game imagines a world where a private military force has cumulated such power that it attacks the USA.
Thrust into the cockpits of incredibly powerful and technologically advanced jet fighters, gamers will benefit from hi-tech piloting assistance, providing comfort, security and enhanced perception. As players gain skills and confidence, they will be able to shed the assistance. But before choosing performance over security, they'll have to weigh the risks carefully.
John Daly's Prostroke Golf
- John Daly's ProStroke Golf is an interactive game with a number of fully licensed courses and five different play modes. Put the ball in play with the revolutionary design and realistic physics of ProStroke View and Prostroke Swing!
PlayStation 2 Classic
- An isolated imposing manor lurking silently at the edge of a forest and near the outskirts of a small nameless village? Such is the starting point for this game which reinvents the survival horror genre.
Project ZERO will immerse players in a frightening and oppressive atmosphere, forcing them to confront their worst nightmares.
â€¢ Evergreen Avenue
â€¢ Favorite Dear (Jyunpaku No Yogensha)
â€¢ Mahjong Mahjong: Youchien Tamago-Gumi