- Sony Senior Social Media Specialist Rey Gutierrez
is here with details on the new PS3 and PSN releases for this coming week today, as follows:
On PS3 this week, Borderlands 2 furthers the distinct blending of First Person Shooter and Role Playing genres to create the true evolution of the Role Playing Shooter.
Team up with up to three other players for four-player online goodness or go old-school with two-player split-screen couch sharing mayhem as you spend hours leveling up your character and equipping them with one of the millions of badass weapons.
On PSN this week. Tag, grind, and trick to the beat in SEGA's hit game Jet Set Radio! Fight for control of Tokyo, mark your turf with graffiti, tag walls, billboards, and even rival gang members.
Also on PSN as a full digital download, visit the modern day reinvention of one of the most critically acclaimed arcade franchises of all-time, SSX allows players to experience the franchise's signature fun and adrenaline-packed gameplay across iconic mountain ranges all over the world. Enjoy this week's The Drop.
Borderlands 2 (Also on PSN)
- Borderlands 2 is the epic sequel to the ultimate four-player role-playing shooter loot fest. Combining invention and evolution, Borderlands 2 features all-new characters, mixed online/split-screen co-op, skills, environments, enemies, weapons and equipment, which come together in an ambitiously crafted story.
Players will reveal secrets, and escalate mysteries of the Borderlands universe as they adventure across the unexplored new areas of Pandora.
Jet Set Radio
- The government is attempting to silence the kids of Tokyo, but with their Overdrive Magnetic-Motor Skating Shoes, the cops will have to catch 'em first.
The Jet Set Radio program keeps the kids unified and inspired to fight for their rights of expression, which includes graffiti art. Grab your spray cans and design your own piece on one of the immense walls in the 3D, interactive city.
You might be forced to protect your territory from adversaries that want to take over your neighborhood. Join up with like-minded hip individuals that will help you keep your area the way you want it. The cops will be after you too, so you'll have to be quick. The 10 cartoon-style characters are pumped up with polygons so they come alive in 3D.
Uniqueness is key to these kids and each character stands apart with exclusive abilities and style. They like to show off too, and with 18 missions, there's plenty of time to impress. It's fast, it's fun, and it's definitely funky.
- Redefining the franchise, SSX pits riders against both mountain and man. Players explore the story of a team who seek to be the first to descend the faces of the most treacherous mountain ranges on the planet. The team travels the world to face the worst that Mother Nature can throw at them.
From the peaks of the Himalayas, where the air is so thin that riders have to descend through the death zone at breakneck speeds to keep from blacking out, to the solid ice ranges of Antarctica, where a sunlit line is the only survival option when temperatures drop 50 degrees centigrade in the shade.
And the mountain isn't the only danger players will face. In SSX the first goal is to survive. The second, in true SSX fashion, is to look good doing it.
F1 2012 (Also on Blu-ray)
- F1 2012 is the next installment in the popular F1 racing series. The game features all new modes of play, including the Young Driver Test mode, a feature inspired by the sport's real-life testing programme for up and coming talent.
- Enter an all-new world of Zuma where evil tiki bosses rule the land! Conquer over 60 ribbeting levels by firing stone spheres to make matches and destroy the deadly stream of balls, then take on six tiki boss battles and guide your agile amphibian to victory.
The sequel to Zuma features all the fun of the original hit game, plus new power-ups, new agilities, high-definition graphics, and four game modes for hundreds of hours of fun.
â€¢ Damage Inc.
â€¢ Resident Evil 6
â€¢ Zuma's Revenge
â€¢ Feisty Feed
PlayStation 2 Classic
Harvest Moon It's A Wonderful Life: Special Edition
- The second PlayStation 2 entry in the Harvest Moon series builds upon the similarly-named GameCube title, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life.
A few big changes mark the jump from GameCube to PS2 – in this version, you may have either a boy or a girl once you've been married, and there are now four wives to woo with the addition of the lovely Lumina, and continued building of your farm is allowed once you've completed the story campaign.
- Players cast a line and try to hook the big one, in this socially oriented fishing RPG from Natsume. Taking the role of one of four family members, players seek angler immortality by catching the legendary and elusive big fish known as "the River King."
Of course, there's also much to do between trips to the waterside, such as collecting rare items, trading for better equipment at shops, and making new friends.