October 24, 2011 // 1:53 pm
- Sony Senior Social Media Specialist Rey Gutierrez
is here with details on the new PS3, PSP and PSN releases for the coming week today, as follows:
One of the most anticipated shooters of the year, Battlefield 3 brings to the PS3 stunning visuals and exclusive early access to Back to Karkand DLC.
Just in time to celebrate all things that go bump in the night this Halloween, a festival of blood parades down the streets of New Marais, in inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood, with added PSMove Support. The PixelJunk team returns this time with a unique take on arcade shooters in the PSN exclusive, PixelJunk SideScroller.
The House of Dead series returns to the PlayStation Move, bringing an overkill of visual fidelity in high-definition and 3D. Experience the pulp-action light-gun shooter, House of the Dead: Overkill (The Extended Cut) this week. PSN also brings a Resistance 3 demo, and full digital downloads of Call of Duty: Black Ops and Homefront
. Enjoy this week's The Drop.
- Prepare for full-scale war with Battlefield 3, the third major evolution of the long-running online battle franchise. Using the power of Frostbite 2 game engine technology, Battlefield 3 delivers superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before.
In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Europe, Middle-East and North America.
The House of Dead: Overkill (PlayStation Move / 3D Support)
- It's survival horror as it's never been seen before! The House of the Dead: Overkill is a pulp-style take on the classic SEGA light-gun shooter series.
The game takes place as Special Agent G - the hero of The House Of The Dead series - is given his first assignment fresh out of the AMS academy. Teamed up with hard-boiled Detective Washington, they are sent to investigate stories of mysterious disappearances in small-town Louisiana. Little do they know what blood-soaked mutant depravity awaits them in the streets and swamps of Bayou City...
The Extended Cut of The House of the Dead: Overkill presents the game for the first time in full HD with 3D support and PlayStation Move compatibility on the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system. With all seven stages of the original re-mastered and two brand new scenarios added to this gruesome shooter, the 'baddest' just got bigger!
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi
- Kamehameha! Prepare to dive into the world of Dragon Ball Z with Earth-shaking combat, a massive character selection, faithful manga-style graphics, and exciting new features in Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi!
Delivering an explosive DBZ fighting experience, this game features upgraded environmental and character graphics, with designs drawn from the original manga series. Destructible battlefields, including massive craters and ki blasts cutting across the sky deliver a more dynamic experience and immediate sense of urgency to the exhilarating fights.
An enhanced story mode drops players into the rich Dragon Ball Z universe, filled with beloved characters and powerful enemies. An accessible battle system allows gamers of all ages to hold their own in fast-paced battles, while still retaining tactical depth for hardcore fans.
- In Disney Universe, players can select from more than 40 classic and contemporary Disney character costumes, including Alice (Alice in Wonderland), Mike (Monsters, Inc.), TRON (TRON: Legacy) and Stitch (Lilo & Stitch) to explore six different worlds inspired by legendary Disney and Disney Pixar films. Each world will allow players to experience objectives and missions that follow Disney and Disney Pixar movie storylines.
Players will select a character-based costume, with each costume offering a specific tool that changes and grows in power as players adventure through the game. Disney Universe offers frenetic gameplay, multiplayer with up to three friends and slapstick humor that will appeal to players of all ages.
Puss in Boots (PlayStation Move Support)
- Step into the boots of Puss In Boots, star of the upcoming film from DreamWorks Animation, and use your sword fighting moves and sly skills to become the legendary hero! Master the style and charm of Puss in Boots in an engaging swashbuckling experience. Duel banditos with style and flair, use cat-like sneaking skills to fool your foes, and team with characters from the film to catch the Golden Goose ... plus, strum your guitar to serenade the seÃ±oritas along the way! It's the adventure of nine lifetimes!
Grease Dance (PlayStation Move Support)
- Get ready for those Summer Nights with a return to Rydell High! Grease utilizes the PlayStation Move motion sensor technology to deliver the ultimate Grease experience. Sing, dance and party with Barry, Sandy and the rest of the Grease gang.
Grease delivers the movie's signature choreography and legendary songs combined with today's motion-sensor technology so fans can dance and sing along to their favorite Grease tunes including iconic anthems like "You're the One That I Want", "Greased Lightning" and "Summer Nights." Grease allows players to sing or dance as a solo act, in a duet or four players can team up to sing and dance together for a sensational musical performance.
Just Dance Kids 2 (PlayStation Move Support)
- The coolest dance experience for kids is back – Just Dance Kids 2, now for play with PlayStation Move! Featuring 40 fun and crazy dance routines to kids favorite songs, including hits from today's most popular artists, TV shows and movies. Just Dance Kids 2 gets kids of all ages up and dancing with colorful graphics, super-fun dance moves, and kid-friendly gameplay!
inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood (PlayStation Move Support)
- In Infamous 2: Festival of Blood, vampires have swarmed New Marais, and revered superhero Cole MacGrath has been bitten. To save his soul – and the city – he has just one night to find and kill the head vampire. Featuring new missions, themed environment settings, plus new characters and enemies, Festival of Blood explores the darker side of the inFAMOUS universe.
PixelJunk SideScroller (PSN Exclusive)
- Based on the unlockable stage from PixelJunk Shooter 2, PixelJunk Sidescroller is a complex and dynamic fluid simulation system, which fills the game world with flowing liquids and hazardous gases, while putting a new spin on arcade shooters. Blast holes in walls or use your ship itself to drill past scorching hot magma. The fluids react in real-time to the player's actions and to other liquids, creating unique and exciting situations with every play.
Dodge flurries of alien bullets and strategically upgrade weapons as you battle your way through sweeping stages full of hazardous fluid and endless shooting mayhem. Each player's goal is to get to the end of each level, while gathering scattered coins for points and protecting themselves from the barrage of enemy attacks. Players can look forward to brand new levels and ferocious boss attacks along the way.
Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Hear the call of duty once again with this seventh entry in this blockbuster first-person shooter franchise. Call of Duty: Black Ops takes you deep behind enemy lines into the world of deniable operations as a member of an elite special forces unit engaging in covert warfare, classified operations, and explosive conflicts across the globe. With access to a variety of exclusive weaponry and equipment, your actions will tip the balance during the most dangerous time period mankind has ever known.
- The year is 2027. The world has suffered a decade-long energy crisis, and economies have crumbled. Reduced to a mere shadow of the super power it once was, the United States became the target of a North Korean takeover. American malls, suburbs and city streets are now battlegrounds as the civilian resistance fights for freedom.
Featuring a compelling single player story crafted by John Milius (Apocalypse Now, Red Dawn), Homefront immerses gamers in an interactive and cinematic FPS experience where they will assume an infantry role or take command of a wide variety of aerial and ground vehicles. In addition to the single-player experience, Homefront will deliver a robust multiplayer experience. In a land stripped of freedom, the brave will fight for their home.
MX vs ATV: Alive
- Own the competition as you wrestle for position with tightly contested racing in the fifth iteration of the MX vs ATV franchise. Feel the realism of the revolutionary real-world physics engine which has defined the genre. MX vs ATV Alive captures the spectacle of motocross and the essence of competitive racing while providing the best riders and gear from the latest manufacturers, letting players live the sport.
Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone (Demo Available)
- Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone is a direct sequel to 2009â€²s Zombie Apocalypse,and features four new heroes who must attempt to survive a zombie uprising. The quartet is stranded on a remote island which is under siege from an army of the dead. Using whatever weapons come to hand, the player must scour the island looking for survivors and eliminating the flesh-eaters in order to create safe zones.
- Daytona USA marks a return to the hallmark sense of speed and control of SEGA's renown racing line with this re-creation of the classic racing title.
â€¢ Resistance 3
â€¢ Sonic Generations
â€¢ Elevator Action Deluxe
â€¢ Akimi Village
â€¢ Monster Bass!
Invizimals allows players to interact with their environment, using the PSP Camera to look for invisible creatures that lurk around every corner. Using the PSP on-screen sensor, players can track down the mysterious Invizimals and lay down magical traps to capture as many of them as possible.
Invizimals: Shadow Zone
- adds onto the franchise with a story that picks up several months after the events of the first Invizimals game. It features new, deeper and more involved captures with over 100 new Invizimals to hunt and battle with. You can also team up with a friend for co-op captures using AdHoc or Infrastructure connectivity.
You can even modify and share your Invizimals by changing their names, colors and choose from a greater range of attack moves. The game will also feature a full blown rank and prestige system as well as you being able to travel to new exotic locations as you investigate how Invizimals shaped ancient mythology.