October 29, 2013 // 4:04 pm
- Sony Senior Designer Max Batt
invites fans today to listen to the World's Radio with TuneIn for PS3 and PS Vita!
To quote: TuneIn is the world's most popular service for listening to live, online radio. With more than 70,000 AM, FM, and Internet radio stations, TuneIn brings the world to you. You can download TuneIn for your PS3 later on today from PlayStation Store. The PS Vita system version will be available next week.
At TuneIn, we're constantly improving on our designs for phones, tablets, automobiles, and smart TVs, but even so, we can confidently say our PlayStation app is one of the most visually stunning apps we've ever developed.
To us, the best thing about TuneIn for PlayStation is that gamers can enjoy this amazing service wherever they are, whether it's on their PS3 at home, or on the go with their PS Vita.
While working on designing TuneIn Radio for PS3 and PS Vita, our goal was to make it easy for you to find and discover what you love, from music, sports, talk, and news, to live music festivals, concerts, and events. Here are just a few of the great features on the TuneIn Radio app:
• World's Radio: With over 70,000 stations and 2 million podcasts from around the world, TuneIn is a leading service for listening to music, sports, and news.
• Live Music: Live Music on TuneIn lets listeners discover and enjoy unplugged, acoustic, and even local performances from their favorite artists - plus, TuneIn has partnered with the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, Austin's SXSW, San Francisco's Outside Lands, and Seattle's Bumbershoot to make live music festivals available to music fans everywhere.
• Sports: TuneIn offers listeners the ability to catch a wide variety of live sports, including college football, cricket, lacrosse, and baseball.
• Talk: Listen to the world's best comedians and personalities on TuneIn, like NPR's "Fresh Air," "This American Life," or the Adam Carolla Show.
PS3 was the perfect place for us to express a wilder side of TuneIn, with the console's powerful hardware and graphics, and sleek, fun interfaces. The app also boasts rock-solid response times, thanks to the PS3 hardware.
So, the result is something not only aesthetically unique, but fast; one of the fastest versions of TuneIn yet. Needless to say, it's something we're all very proud of.
You can find TuneIn Radio in the "What's New" and "TV/Video Services" sections on the PS3 system XMB, as well as in the "Apps" section of PlayStation Store later on today. The PS Vita version can be found in the Apps subsection in the PS Vita store when it's available next week.
Follow TuneIn on Facebook
, and our blog
to stay up to date on live events, new stations, and more. And don't forget to download the app and let us know what you think!