October 6, 2008 // 7:49 pm
- European PS3 owners with a taste for authentic Japanese role-playing experiences can celebrate with the news that Atari and NAMCO BANDAI Games are bringing Eternal Sonata for PS3 to European shores in February 2009, complete with new gameplay quests, a revitalised story, brand new costumes and additional playable characters.
Press Release: Atari and NAMCO BANDAI Games to Bring the Unique and Enchanting Role-playing Game to PLAYSTATION 3 in February 2009, with New Features and Content -
6 October 2008 - European PLAYSTATION®3 owners with a taste for authentic Japanese role-playing experiences can celebrate with the news that Atari and NAMCO BANDAI Games are bringing Eternal Sonata for PLAYSTATION 3 to European shores in February 2009, complete with new gameplay quests, a revitalised story, brand new costumes and additional playable characters.
With its vibrant visuals, innovative combat system and captivatingregional storyline, Eternal Sonata has already won the hearts of western fans of Japanese role-playing games following its release for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in October 2007. Selected media comments from reviews of the Xbox 360 game include:
"The battle system is addictively fun, the multifaceted story is riveting, and the graphics are amazing...a must-have for any 360 owner, RPG fan or not." - Gamesradar
"wonderful narrative, great cast, enjoyable battle system and stunningly beautiful music and artwork" - Eurogamer
"a smart, action-packed battle system and a dazzling world that will take your breath away." - Gamespot
The PLAYSTATION 3 game will feature everything that made the Xbox 360 game so unmissable, with the addition of exclusive brand new features and content exclusive to the PLAYSTATION 3 including:
* New adventures: exclusive quests, battles, events and multiple endings grow the story;
* Additional playable characters: now choose to play as Crescendo and Serenade;
* New Costumes: different costumes let players customise the appearance of their characters;
* Exclusive new music: even more of Frederic Chopin's timeless classical music.
The game's unique scenario is set in the fantasy world envisaged by composer Frederic Chopin during the last three hours of his life as he lies unconscious on his deathbed. The game presents a vivid universe populated with charming characters and strange creatures who move through the world accompanied by Chopin's timeless music, as performed by Stanislav Bunin. The player voyages through this mesmerising dream world encountering a young girl who faces a terrible destiny and a boy who will fight to save her in an enduring tale of good and evil, love and betrayal.
Bringing an authentic Japanese role-playing experience to European gamers, Eternal Sonata takes full advantage of the power of PLAYSTATION 3 with high-definition, anime style cel-shading and high quality textures and models. The innovative battle system employs a unique combination of hybrid turn-based and action RPG elements. With its wealth of original and technically advanced features alongside a captivating, original storyline, Eternal Sonata sets new standards for RPG gaming.
For more information about Atari's entire product line up, visit www.atari.com.